Stage93 Reshells (A Warning!)
Mar 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Evilcalyptic

500+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fiers

Just wanted to post a warning about the company Stage93 and in issue with one of there reshells.

I recently sent a custom IEM into Unique Melody for a reshell, which i did for two reasons. The IEM was created by UM and the fact that i have been a big fan of unique melody from day one.

Prior to me sending the IEM in, it had been reshelled from its origional UM shell to a Stage93 shell, The IEM was taking a perticularly long time to be completed and upon contacting Stephen Guo, Who was very helpfull by the way, He informed me of some quite astonishing info about my CIEM and its previous reshell.

He reported that the High Drivers (2 Dual Sonion 4400s) had been carelessly glued to the shell of the IEM and when they cracked it open during the reshell process it damaged the drivers. Stephen informed me that they will be replaced, which is 1 major reason i go with unique melody.

but from a company (stage93) who charges 200 dollars for a reshell you would expect more of a quality job from there end.

I just wanted to put this info out there for anyone thinking of reshelling with stage93, I would just be cautious.

Again this is just a warning, take it for a grain of salt if you will.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 10
FWIW all drivers in all types of IEM (unless it's silicone) are glued to shell. 4400 are the smallest drivers in the world being dual driver with half of size TWFK driver.
I won't take sides here. But none of this shouldn't have happened

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
FWIW all drivers in all types of IEM (unless it's silicone) are glued to shell. 4400 are the smallest drivers in the world being dual driver with half of size TWFK driver.
I won't take sides here. But none of this shouldn't have happened

I've noticed your forum thread stating how we had carelessly glued drivers to the shell. Just a simple clarification, we do it at SGD199 (~159USD) 

I would like to follow up on this and rectify this error and prevent it from happening in the future. Would like to kindly request for the email/contact of the person who had done the reshell with us so we can trace it directly. More importantly, I'd also like to request for the model of the earphone being reshelled.

Edit: Please PM me to protect the person's confidentiality. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back