Stage IEM system
Apr 19, 2008 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cozy

New Head-Fier
Hi there all.

I'm a newbie here, was directed via Wikipedia while researching the above subject.

I am looking ito possibly designing and building (with a little help from my friends) an iPod sized pre-amp with volume control to convert a 1/8" mono jack signal to 1/8" stereo jack, which clips to a belt. This is so that I can do away with my wedge monitor and use my earbud phones on stage. Being a drummer the item does not need to be wireless as I am pretty static throughout the gig. I have priced up dedicated IEM systems and feel that for a just few quid one could come up with something along the same lines.

We use a Peavey XR-600 power amp for the vocal PA which in turn needs a powered monitor system as this does not run passive monitors. I was thinking that the pre-amp in the beltclip could be run from a 9V battery. Also I was wondering about having about mono and stereo Inputs/outputs and be able to crossover between the two. ie. mono in-stereo out or mono in-mono out stereo in-mono out etc. Is this possible or am I just complicating the matter. basically as long as I have a stereo signal in my ears (albeit a split mono signal) I don't think I should be too bothered.

I just thought that after finding this rather impressive forum with what seems to be a massive input, I may as well find out and see.

Sorry for rambling on a bit in my first post, but just thought it better to be as precise as possible
biggrin.gif

Any mods reading - If you feel I have posted in the wrong forum, feel free to relocate.

All replies much appreciated - and any with suggested wiring diags will be met with open arms.

Cheeas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back