Stadium Arcadium
May 13, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #31 of 46
Another update after a few more spins...

This album is just fantastic. Everyone in the band is at their best. I've been saying to all the newer Chilis fans that Frusciante is an excellent guitar player. Their two previous albums don't come close to proving that, but this one does. John is present and full of funk and and just plain terrific writing.

Flea is, as ever, totally impressive. Never obnoxiously over the top, always jaw droppingly talented.

Chad Smith, again, over the last two albums seemed to have lost his magic. It's back. He lays it down funky and hard.

Finally, Anthony shows what he's got. Awesome song writing, versatile and varied stylings. Some tracks are fun, some are introspective, all are pleasing to these ears.

I applaud them on this effort. The band is obviously back into whatever groove they were in when writing BSSM. It is passionate. You can tell that a whole lotta love went into this work. It's what I've been waiting to hear from them since BSSM. This is the Chilis at their best, and I am one happy fan.

Pick this album up!

May 13, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
it's a great culmination of everything RHCP has strived for.

That said, it's nothing new.

I agree with the above. And with that said, "Stadium Arcadium" is a solid collection of songs. I'm totallay enjoying it. And to think that the boys and producer Rick Rubin were thinking of either releasing a 3-disc set (!) or three separate releases (!!). I read somewhere that they had 38 songs ready to go, but they all eventually settled on whittling down the batch to a more manageable 2-disc set.

Regarding the sound quality, it's good. Fortunately it's not harsh or thin-sounding as "Californication."

And yeah, Frusciante is one helluva guitar player.

May 14, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #35 of 46
I love this album. You can definately hear the changes they've gone through. Definately one of their best albums. The "Mars" cd really rocks.

May 14, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghopper
the only thing left is to see them live.

The "Live at Slane Castle" is a must buy for any RHCP fan. Unbelieveable performance by these guys.

May 14, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #37 of 46
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80835

I'm just angry that the good mastering won't be on cd, so I'm still debating whether or not to get the album.
mad.gif

May 14, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #38 of 46
May 14, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80835

I'm just angry that the good mastering won't be on cd, so I'm still debating whether or not to get the album.
mad.gif

Wow thats awesome! Good timing too, I just scored a vintage kenwood turntable for $30.

I'm sure a vinyl rip will pop up in FLAC somewhere out there when this comes out. (when DOES the vinyl come out?)

May 15, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
Wow thats awesome! Good timing too, I just scored a vintage kenwood turntable for $30.

I'm sure a vinyl rip will pop up in FLAC somewhere out there when this comes out. (when DOES the vinyl come out?)

But I'd assume you'd need a really, really nice Analog => Digital setup to make it at least any bit worthwhile?
frown.gif

Damn.. I want this so bad, but digitalized..

May 16, 2006 at 11:07 AM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Another update after a few more spins...

This album is just fantastic. Everyone in the band is at their best. I've been saying to all the newer Chilis fans that Frusciante is an excellent guitar player. Their two previous albums don't come close to proving that, but this one does. John is present and full of funk and and just plain terrific writing.

Flea is, as ever, totally impressive. Never obnoxiously over the top, always jaw droppingly talented.

Chad Smith, again, over the last two albums seemed to have lost his magic. It's back. He lays it down funky and hard.

Finally, Anthony shows what he's got. Awesome song writing, versatile and varied stylings. Some tracks are fun, some are introspective, all are pleasing to these ears.

I applaud them on this effort. The band is obviously back into whatever groove they were in when writing BSSM. It is passionate. You can tell that a whole lotta love went into this work. It's what I've been waiting to hear from them since BSSM. This is the Chilis at their best, and I am one happy fan.

Pick this album up!

Ditto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back