ST. LOUIS
Dec 6, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 23
I live in St. Louis, dont know what we would do though.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 23
[size=small]
I'm also in St. Louis. However, I am starting a major job search campaign and things will be touch and go for some time.

Plus, I am in the early stages of building an audiophile system begining with my portable system; so I don't have much to offer just now.
icon10.gif

I am currently considering some mid- to high-tier headphones now, branching out from my old Grado SR80, my portable phone (Senn HD-25-1 with Headphile BlackSilver cable), and a few low-tier phones (Koss KSC-35, Senn PX200). I expect to commit to the AKG K701 in a couple of weeks to a month or so and hope to add another mid- to high-tier phone in coming months.

I recently received my first dedicated portable amp, the LaRoccoAudio Portable Reference II (PR II), a tiny box with as much or more! firepower than some home amps. This mighty mite portable amp is going to set the baseline quality standard that any future home amp I purchase will have to surpass. I am hoping the designer and builder team will receive enough buyer interest to add a dedicated power supply and even a dedicated DAC.

I was hoping to go the the upcoming Chicago meet (10 December 2005), but it's starting to sound like they will have limited or no! equipment available. As much as I enjoy the past meetings, I don't want to drive 4-5 hours just to chit-chat. I need to hear some gear!

If the Head-fi St. Louis members want to have a get-together, I will try to contribute what I can.
[/size]

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 23
Kind of spread apart, but has anyone ever considered a KC/St Louis meet?

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 23
I'm in the Lou as well. My gear selection is relatively meager, but I'd be down for a mini-meet. Could bring my Hornet, e4, SR-60,etc. I'm considering the DT-880, would love to hear the K701 and SA-5000. And I agree with you Jap, I get enough chit-chat online, I'd do a meet to listen to the gear.

As for Kansas City...if I have to drive a couple hours for a meet-halfway KC/St. Louis meet, I'd rather just drive the 4.5-5 hours up to Chicago, etc.

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 23
I currently attend UMR, but live near St. Louis. If a meet was scheduled for a weekend or during Christmas break I would probably be able to make it. Don't really have much to offer though, just my ATH-A500, and my dad's E4s.

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 23
Glad to see some replies!
580smile.gif

I have a HORNET & am getting some HD650s - i am also selling my shure e4cs

i'll contribute what I have - anyone else out there?

Jan 11, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #9 of 23
Although I do not live in St. Louis I do live very close to it in Illinois (about fifteen minutes away). Unfortunately I have nothing to contribute being a high school student. Along with that I do not know if I could make it there since I have no idea who any of you are and my parents are unlikely to be too keen on the idea of me going to hang out with people I met on a message board. It would be nice to get to hear some high end gear for once. Well at least I have my E4's although I do need higher quality music.

Jan 21, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #10 of 23
I can join in when I come home for the summer. I'll be home from early May to early September, so any time in between would be fine. Of course, that's still a few months away, so if the meet were to happen sooner, I guess you'll have to count me out.

I could bring all my gear, and I'm looking into a high-end closed 'phone (I live right next to one of the busiest roads in Boston), so I might have an ATH-W5000 or, if I get some amazing deal, an L3000 in a few months.

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #11 of 23
Sounds great!

We can wait till may, since your contribution may wind up being one of the few substantial ones.

Make sure you all subscribe to this thread to keep updated on posts...ST. LOUIS WILL HAVE A MEET!
580smile.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Ruin-
I live in St. Louis, dont know what we would do though.
biggrin.gif

try out some gear!
smily_headphones1.gif

as far as a KC/St. L meet - I'd be in for that. Maybe we could alternate locations or meet somewhere in the middle (Colubia?). Any idea how many KC people are out there?

Jan 24, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 23
Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't be able to make it to a meet a few hours away, since I don't know how to drive (will be learning this summer, but I won't be comfortable driving hours on the highway right away), and I know my Mom won't be willing to drive 4 hours just to drop me off at a meet.

However, if someone could give me a ride from STL, it would probably be no problem. I will keep an eye on this thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobG
try out some gear!
smily_headphones1.gif

as far as a KC/St. L meet - I'd be in for that. Maybe we could alternate locations or meet somewhere in the middle (Colubia?). Any idea how many KC people are out there?

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 23
I'm a KC guy....but very limited in gear. I'm more of a budget hifier. I'm loads of fun though...as long as the date doesn't conflict with me festival schedule.

(~):}

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back