St. Louis Mini-Meet (March 9th)
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #46 of 75
So I got some bad news and some bad news. Tiny's is a no go and my LA-D2k's mite not be there either. The LA-D2k's are in the for sale forum if anyone is interested. If anyone wuld like to try them out just let me know im free on tuesday's just about anytime. Special STL. discount to $695 if you got the cash. Reason for selling is that I'm broke and my ultimate cmoy doesn't really match up to well. I have recently heard them on a HA-160 and that combo will blow your ass away. Unfortunatly I need new tires and brakes more than these one of a kind headphones.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #47 of 75
Quote:
So I got some bad news and some bad news. Tiny's is a no go and my LA-D2k's mite not be there either. The LA-D2k's are in the for sale forum if anyone is interested. If anyone wuld like to try them out just let me know im free on tuesday's just about anytime. Special STL. discount to $695 if you got the cash. Reason for selling is that I'm broke and my ultimate cmoy doesn't really match up to well. I have recently heard them on a HA-160 and that combo will blow your ass away. Unfortunatly I need new tires and brakes more than these one of a kind headphones.

You're the guy that lives in Illinois, right? Maybe linuxid10t and I can come and visit :) I'd like to hear the la-d2000 and the pro 900, they both look awesome. We could bring some different amps for you to try out too :p Linux is usually down for anything. Hit me up on facebook or skype or PM or something.

https://www.facebook.com/Langley65

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #48 of 75
[size=10pt]I guess I better solidify my presence. I'll bring anything I have (see my profile), but I don't want to bring stuff that no one is interested in, because it is more to carry and keep track of.[/size]

[size=10pt]For headphones: HD650 with RAL cable.[/size]

[size=10pt]For amp: Headfive, unless you plead with me to lug my Darkvoice 377.[/size]

[size=10pt]For DAC: NFB-2.[/size]

[size=10pt]For transport: Digital Interface with PS. Though it is a little flakey at times, and I’ll bring an ice pack to keep it going, long story.[/size]

[size=10pt]For source: I'm not sure, I don't want to have to bring my desktop, and my netbook doesn't have a CD drive plus I'm a little wary defiling her with your virus ridden flash drives.[/size]

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #50 of 75
I don't have my work schedule for March yet, but I could potentially bring some gears.  West Co. or St. Charles would be best but I might be able to get to Columbia, IL.

I've got a Zana Deux driving HD800's, HD650 and Beyer DT880's.  Lots of tubes for rolling too.
Also a Schiit Mjolnir driving HE-6's (needs balanced source)

Source is an Ayon CD-5 but that is a beast and I'd rather not transport it.
Lots of music too of course.

-Theo

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #51 of 75
Quote:
I don't have my work schedule for March yet, but I could potentially bring some gears.  West Co. or St. Charles would be best but I might be able to get to Columbia, IL.

I've got a Zana Deux driving HD800's, HD650 and Beyer DT880's.  Lots of tubes for rolling too.
Also a Schiit Mjolnir driving HE-6's (needs balanced source)

Source is an Ayon CD-5 but that is a beast and I'd rather not transport it.
Lots of music too of course.

-Theo

Hey,

LinuxId10t and I actually went and met up with the guy in Columbia a week or two ago.. This whole meet business seems nearly impossible, but if you want to meet up with just me and linux, that would be pretty easy to arrange. I'll PM ya. I'd love to hear pretty much everything you have. I have an extra pair of some pretty rare grado pinks.. It would be cool if we could meet up before I have to mail these off. 

It's just so tricky to arrange anything without phone numbers and stuff.. I'll PM you with mine.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #52 of 75
Quote:
Hey,

LinuxId10t and I actually went and met up with the guy in Columbia a week or two ago.. This whole meet business seems nearly impossible, but if you want to meet up with just me and linux, that would be pretty easy to arrange. I'll PM ya. I'd love to hear pretty much everything you have. I have an extra pair of some pretty rare grado pinks.. It would be cool if we could meet up before I have to mail these off. 

It's just so tricky to arrange anything without phone numbers and stuff.. I'll PM you with mine.

I second this.  It would be much easier just meeting up as us three or if you know of someone interested to invite them as well.  I mean, a small gathering of two groups would be nice.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #53 of 75
I got your PM, Chris.  Logistically, it would probably be best to do it at my place if its just a couple of people.  My schedule is pretty busy right now but there are cracks here and there that can work, usually Saturday afternoons are best.  The other thing is that I am intending to formally join team overkill soon and hook my HE-6 to the speaker taps of my Levinson.  But the amp is being serviced right now and will probably be out for several weeks.  It would be cool to get some independent observations on that.  If you guys don't mind, maybe let's wait till the Levinson is back and then get together?  We could do it sooner, but it would just be the ZD and the Mjolnir.  Let me know.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #54 of 75
Quote:
I got your PM, Chris.  Logistically, it would probably be best to do it at my place if its just a couple of people.  My schedule is pretty busy right now but there are cracks here and there that can work, usually Saturday afternoons are best.  The other thing is that I am intending to formally join team overkill soon and hook my HE-6 to the speaker taps of my Levinson.  But the amp is being serviced right now and will probably be out for several weeks.  It would be cool to get some independent observations on that.  If you guys don't mind, maybe let's wait till the Levinson is back and then get together?  We could do it sooner, but it would just be the ZD and the Mjolnir.  Let me know.

I think you are right, you have a little more stuff to carry around and our gear is more portable and less delicate :)

I have one of these in my possession. I think it would be very interesting to hook the he-6 up to, but I do not have the necessary cables to do so - http://shop.emotiva.com/products/a100

David also has one of these, and this could also be interesting to hook the he-6 up to - http://www.amazon.com/Qinpu-A3-Integrated-Amplifier/dp/B0057ODYX4

I am totally cool with coming now and again later when the Levinson is ready! David and I will gladly take up any excuse to listen to music and hang out with some like-minded audio freaks.

Also, keep in mind that I have some grado pinks in my possession right now. These are worth hearing if you are at all interested in the grado world. They are the best grado-esque headphone I have heard. I understand that these might be of little to no interest to you though :) I will be mailing them off sometime next week though, if you are interested in them, I'd like for you to hear them. They are a neat little headphone.

If you want to wait though, I can handle it. I'm just excited to hear some of the higher up Sennheisers, I've wanted to do that for a while.

Do you have any nice speakers to go with that Levinson?

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #55 of 75
I'm working all this weekend but I'll look into subsequent dates.  Are there weekdays that work for you all or are weekends best?

The Emotiva will be interesting, and I have the adapter for the HE-6.  If a smallish 50W amp does well, I wonder what a 200W class A beast will do!  The Levinson drives Revel Ultima Gems (the original gems which sound a lot better than the Gem2's IMO)

I have never heard Grado's so if you still have them bring them along.  I'll get back to you.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #56 of 75
I'll be able to go wherever on a Saturday afternoon as well, and bring the gear listed earlier, minus the Arrow 3G portable (sold it). If it's a couple weeks down the road, I could possibly have a new portable amp-- contemplating picking up a Neco Soundlab V3... supposedly sounds great, and want something small yet powerful for using my power-hungry Mr. Speakers T50RPs at home....

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #57 of 75
Quote:
I'm working all this weekend but I'll look into subsequent dates.  Are there weekdays that work for you all or are weekends best?

The Emotiva will be interesting, and I have the adapter for the HE-6.  If a smallish 50W amp does well, I wonder what a 200W class A beast will do!  The Levinson drives Revel Ultima Gems (the original gems which sound a lot better than the Gem2's IMO)

I have never heard Grado's so if you still have them bring them along.  I'll get back to you.

Any weekday evening and every weekend is usually wide open for me. Same can be generally said for linux

Quote:
I'll be able to go wherever on a Saturday afternoon as well, and bring the gear listed earlier, minus the Arrow 3G portable (sold it). If it's a couple weeks down the road, I could possibly have a new portable amp-- contemplating picking up a Neco Soundlab V3... supposedly sounds great, and want something small yet powerful for using my power-hungry Mr. Speakers T50RPs at home....

Lets go for a Saturday evening then guys. It'll be exciting to have more than just 3 people! Also, I'm excited to hear another pair of Mr. Speakers t50rp (are they mad dogs, or something else?)

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #58 of 75
Quote:

Any weekday evening and every weekend is usually wide open for me. Same can be generally said for linux

Lets go for a Saturday evening then guys. It'll be exciting to have more than just 3 people! Also, I'm excited to hear another pair of Mr. Speakers t50rp (are they mad dogs, or something else?)

Yeah, they're Mad Dogs... I just think the name is hokey, so I just go by Mr Speakers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back