St. Louis Mini-Meet (March 9th)
Dec 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #31 of 75
Quote:
Man, public trans in st. louis sucks majorly :frowning2: I feel for ya man. 

I've never heard of the sr40, just googled it.. that sucker is ugly.

Maybe if we get a few people together David (linux) and/or I could come pick you up. I wouldn't mind, especially if you could toss a little something my way for gas. Besides, I could justify hitting up Delmar for some bubble tea or S. Grand for the Gelateria. I can't regularly  justify driving that for for a drink or gelato :D And, I'm curious to hear a pair of Thunderpants, Linux prolly is too. Yup, we should do this sometime if you aren't scared of being kidnapped by us or something.

Yeah I could definitely do that and, yes I am rather curious.

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #32 of 75
Quote:
haha sure as long as u guys find a good place to go. dont rly know any places in st louis yet

I was just thinking my house.. I know of at least a few cool places around your area to hang, but I can't think of a place where I'd want to bring a bunch of headphones to, ya know?

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #33 of 75
I might be interested in getting in on this too.

I'm across the river in Fairview Heights, but I'll go anywhere.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #36 of 75
wooo!

I think I've waited too long to try to make this happen before the weather starts to turn to crap.. So, I think I'm just gonna set the date in March. That seems to be the best idea to me right now. We always talk about arranging something but we never pick a date. I feel like if I pick a date in March and stick with it and get the word out.. maybe this will actually happen.

So, the plan is my house in St. Charles at 370 & 94 on March 9th.

If any one of you really wants to show up, but can't make this date, let me know before the end of December and I'll shift the date. Or if there is any other reason why we shouldn't do it on the 9th.. Let me know.

I'm going to start up a roster type thing on the first post of this thread listing who is showing up and what they are bringing. Sign up by leaving a fresh comment on this thread and telling me what you plan to bring.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 75
Thanks for solidifying a date. I'll be sure to be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current gear list:

*Phones:
 > T50RP (mostly Rastapants 2 modded)
 > Mr Speakers Mad Dog T50RP  (very nice on first listen)
 > Fitear To Go 334 (with ALO SXC silver cable, Ortofon tips)
 > Vsonic GR07 Mk2
 > Sennheiser IE8 (with Chinese aftermarket cable)

*Amps:
 > AMB M^3
 > Objective2
 >  Neco Soundlab v3

*Sources:
 > Sony NWZ-F806 & NWZ-X1061
 > Headstage USB DAC cable

**A few miscellaneous cables/cords & such**

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #40 of 75
Im in. I live in columbia just across the j.b. bridge. I have a ultrasone pro 900, mad dogs, and LA-D2000's. I also have an ultimate cmoy amp and had markertek build me a 1/4in male to 1/8in male cable. I also have tons of dj stuff: Technics 1200mk5's, pioneer djm600, serato sl3 etc.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #41 of 75
Quote:
Im in. I live in columbia just across the j.b. bridge. I have a ultrasone pro 900, mad dogs, and LA-D2000's. I also have an ultimate cmoy amp and had markertek build me a 1/4in male to 1/8in male cable. I also have tons of dj stuff: Technics 1200mk5's, pioneer djm600, serato sl3 etc.

I'll add you.

Also, apparently my house is going up for sale pretty soon guys. I'll do my best to still make this meet work-out.. But, if my house winds up sold and I have nowhere to hold it.. it's gonna be real tricky. For now, we will let it ride.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #42 of 75
I also think there were a few people that might have said they wanted in, but that I forgot to add to the roster. Be sure to check the first post. It doesn't really matter if you are on there. It'd just be nice to have an idea who is available :)

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #43 of 75
Quote:
I'll add you.

Also, apparently my house is going up for sale pretty soon guys. I'll do my best to still make this meet work-out.. But, if my house winds up sold and I have nowhere to hold it.. it's gonna be real tricky. For now, we will let it ride.

I know the people who run tiny's bar and grill here in columbia IL. The directions couldn't be easier either. They have a backroom they hardly ever use that can hold 40-50 people. Could probably get it real cheap. They have cheap food and drinks and a beer garden. If the weather is nice beer garden headphone party. Plus being a towny bar instead of a city bar I think we would be the only ones there, durring the day time they're pretty dead. If you would still like to have it at your house I can help you out with food. I deliver pizzas for domino's and with my emp. discount I can get you 8 large one toppings for $45. It will feed 20 and it should stay hot as long as they let me borrow the heat wave duffle bag which I dont see being a problem.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #44 of 75
I would be more than happy to help out with food/drinks as well (although not a cook whatsoever!). Good info on the bar & grill in Columbia. I would offer our house as a possibility as a backup, but our foundation work will be going on around the end of January (if it winds up being later into February, or March, I may be able to offer our place-- but could realistically only host about 6-8 max). We are near Grand/Arsenal, so it could be cool to stroll Grand and get something to eat. Anyway, that's out there as a backup option....

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:
I know the people who run tiny's bar and grill here in columbia IL. The directions couldn't be easier either. They have a backroom they hardly ever use that can hold 40-50 people. Could probably get it real cheap. They have cheap food and drinks and a beer garden. If the weather is nice beer garden headphone party. Plus being a towny bar instead of a city bar I think we would be the only ones there, durring the day time they're pretty dead. If you would still like to have it at your house I can help you out with food. I deliver pizzas for domino's and with my emp. discount I can get you 8 large one toppings for $45. It will feed 20 and it should stay hot as long as they let me borrow the heat wave duffle bag which I dont see being a problem.

Ask them! Because it actually really seems like my house might not work out. I wasn't anticipating the turn of events that took place the last week or so.. but, it looks like my house might not be my house by the time march rolls around 
eek.gif

Also, keep in mind that some of us are minors.. Make sure that would be okay. I assume so, due to the food and stuff.. But, I don't know the rules for IL.

Quote:
I would be more than happy to help out with food/drinks as well (although not a cook whatsoever!). Good info on the bar & grill in Columbia. I would offer our house as a possibility as a backup, but our foundation work will be going on around the end of January (if it winds up being later into February, or March, I may be able to offer our place-- but could realistically only host about 6-8 max). We are near Grand/Arsenal, so it could be cool to stroll Grand and get something to eat. Anyway, that's out there as a backup option....

Sounds like an awesome backup. I had the date set at march 9th.. but, now that it's seeming like my house might not work.. and it's only us 4 (maybe 5) guys. I think we can pretty much do whatever we want. It should be pretty easy to coordinate with each-other. Linux and I are pretty much a guarantee to show up anywhere, so long as it's on a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back