SS Amp Recommendation
Feb 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sree

Head-Fier
Hi All,

After going through numerous posts and spending time with few amps in the meet/store, I am just not able to make up my mind. So the post.

I currently own a HeadRoom Ultra Micro amp which powers my Denon AH-D7000, AKG K701, Shure E310 and Sennheiser HD595's. I am pretty happy with the sound. I however long for better sound ever since I heard Grace Amp, CI audio and some other solid state amps. May be they just sound different to the Ultra Micros.

I appreciate the silence in the Grace Amp when nothing is playing and was leaning towards buying one. Now I am torn. I want a decent amp to drive all my headphones and HiFiman HE-5's which I am planning to buy. Till last week I was debating over Benchmark or Grace both around the same price point. Now I am not sure whether to shell out that much money or just buy something else and buy the HE-5's within the money. Please help.

Thanks for your suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 2
You should buy a HeadAmp GS-1. If you want improvement across the board over your current amp, there is no better option. Given the price point you seem to be looking at, it will be a bargain. Just be aware that you may need to wait quite some time for it to be built if you order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back