SRH440 as my new in-home?
Jan 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Justlog

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been searching for a  pair of cans for in-home use and I came across the SRH440 and it seems pretty good there's just a couple of things that I read online that botherd me.
1. People saying there could be some times a lack of bass, and the thing is, that I listen to alot of different styles of music including Dubstep and Electronic. So when I'm listening to dubstep and electronic I like to have a bass that packs a punch(dosen't have to be major but still)

2. There are also a few people complaning that the SRH 440 dosen't sound so good without an amp.
I'm going to buy an amp but not as soon as I get my new cans so I'd like to know if that few people are right about the fact that these cans dosen't sound as well as they are when used with an amp.

That's about it, If you have your own opinon about the SRH440 you are welcome to comment, the more opinions I collect, the better :)

Thanks in advance! 

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 5
I bought these headphones for Christmas and they sound amazing for the 80 bucks paid for them. Although they dont have really any bass what-so-ever, they make up for it with the amazing clarity of the vocals/ instruments. Hope your musics in Flac/ 320 quality cause lower and you begin to hear all the artificial artifacts of down converting.

Few Pros with this headphone:

Sounds amazing for the price...lifelike almost as if your in the studio listening.

Isolates sound extremely well, when I have them on a low volume, it drowns out everything around me.

Build quality is pretty good :D they even fold up and stuff

Detachable coiled cable. 2.5-3.5 mm.

Few Cons with this headphone:

Lack of bass, though there is a bit of punchy bassness.

CHANGE THE STOCK PADS to shure srh-840 pads... The stock ones feel absolutely horrid

The headphones may creak when you move your head, this can be solved by putting a little bit of gun lubricant (or something oil based that doesnt have much water in it) on the joints.

Allow at least 50 or so hours to burn in, thats when the sound really starts to shine.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I bought these headphones for Christmas and they sound amazing for the 80 bucks paid for them. Although they dont have really any bass what-so-ever, they make up for it with the amazing clarity of the vocals/ instruments. Hope your musics in Flac/ 320 quality cause lower and you begin to hear all the artificial artifacts of down converting.

Few Pros with this headphone:

Sounds amazing for the price...lifelike almost as if your in the studio listening.

Isolates sound extremely well, when I have them on a low volume, it drowns out everything around me.

Build quality is pretty good :D they even fold up and stuff

Detachable coiled cable. 2.5-3.5 mm.

Few Cons with this headphone:

Lack of bass, though there is a bit of punchy bassness.

CHANGE THE STOCK PADS to shure srh-840 pads... The stock ones feel absolutely horrid

The headphones may creak when you move your head, this can be solved by putting a little bit of gun lubricant (or something oil based that doesnt have much water in it) on the joints.

Allow at least 50 or so hours to burn in, thats when the sound really starts to shine.

Thank you for the comment.

Well, In the FLAC divison I don't really have a problem seen as I only listen to FLAC.

The only thing that disturbs me is the fact that you mention there is not enough bass, Which is not crucial, but importent for me.
You see, I listen to alot of different music styles, from Rock, Dubstep, Jazz, and alot of different styles.
Is the lack of bass is that noticeable?

BTW, I have read that when you change the stock pads there is a change of the sound quality. Is it for the best or actully make the sound comes out worse?

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes its pretty noticeable... I cant lie there.. in fact im buying cheap Monoprice dj headphones to make up for the lack of bass in these headphones... Ill use those for my Darkwave/ elec/wave music.

With the New earcups, The sound doesnt change too much, though it does feel like the sounds is more surrounding.

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Yes its pretty noticeable... I cant lie there.. in fact im buying cheap Monoprice dj headphones to make up for the lack of bass in these headphones... Ill use those for my Darkwave/ elec/wave music.

With the New earcups, The sound doesnt change too much, though it does feel like the sounds is more surrounding.

Well, I'll try to find a place that have both these cans and the ATH-M50 so I can compare them both.
Thanks alot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back