Sreensavers for Win2k?
Aug 6, 2004 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
Several of my users have been giving me spyware HELL because of the WebShots screen saver they've been using.

Can anyone recommend a screensaver like the MyPics screen saver in XP? My XP users seem content with it, but I need to find something to keep my 2000 users from downloading WebShots or worse.

Suggestions? (I mean besides acts of violence)

Aug 6, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Redneck
Several of my users have been giving me spyware HELL because of the WebShots screen saver they've been using.

Can anyone recommend a screensaver like the MyPics screen saver in XP? My XP users seem content with it, but I need to find something to keep my 2000 users from downloading WebShots or worse.

Suggestions? (I mean besides acts of violence)

Restrict their user rights so they can't install anything? Why on earth do they have install rights anyway?

Aug 6, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Because I am one person managing 86 computers as of this morning. Most of them are not a problem, but some of them are OC and try any good offer.

I'd love to lock 'em down but:

A: I don't have the central computer to manage it
B: Most of them have to use internet applications for actual real work, not just goofing off.
C: If I had to go install something every time they needed it, I'd be even busier than I am now.
D: Managers (that I don't out rank) don't like being too restricted.

The biggest problem is that most of this crap doesn't require much in the way of rights to load in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back