SRD-7SB/MK2
May 14, 2006 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tachikoma

Headphoneus Supremus
Today I was urm, swinging something around my room and I kinda, accidentally hit my SRD-7SBmk2's front panel. (don't ask) While that didn't leave any permanent damage, the front panel was a little "loose". What in the world should I do to fix that...

SURGERY
very_evil_smiley.gif

imgp14405oq.jpg

Hmmm nothing wrong here.

imgp14456mf.jpg

Eh, nothing wrong here either :< Dammit. *puts away the laser scapel*

Maybe a look at the schematics urm anatomy will help

imgp14366do.jpg

imgp14324ll.jpg

Hmmm hmmmm.

Ah I give up. Anyone gonna help me?
evil_smiley.gif

http://rapidshare.de/files/20418614/Internals.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/20418853/Schematics.zip.html

</sillymodeoff> anyway, anyone who plans to mod this thing is going to have a really "fun" time trying it =P and the loose panel kinda tightened up again after I put the housing back on. (a real PITA, that; it took more than half an hour to screw on 5 screws because the holes on the insides and the holes on the housing didn't match that well -_-.) The zip files contain the rest of the pictures that I took of the SRD-7SBmk2.

May 15, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Hmmm, have you tried using the other mirror? One mirror works very well with my ISP while the other mirror (the one rapidshare chooses by default... =P) kinda sucks. I could upload it to yousendit if that doesn't work for you.

Anyway, I just noticed something about the transformer: It vibrates. Its a really minute thing, I only felt it when I put my hand on the transformer. Could someone tell me whether thats normal, or not?

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 4
NECROPOST!

I have been going back and forth between my SRD-7 and SRD-7 Pro with my SR-404s, and am having a lot of trouble nailing down which I prefer.

One thing is for sure, with the normal-bias energiser driving the pro-bias earspeakers, the power amp works a lot harder. The specs for these boxes say they'll take 30WPC instantaneously, and I know I've hit the normal-bias unit with WAY more than that... If I get close to them, I can hear the music coming from the step-up transformers when it's good and cranked.

I worry I will kill the normal-bias unit when driving the step-up transformers in it as hard as it takes to get a good listening volume with the SR-404s, but god does it sound good! More air and detail than the Pro-bias unit, which has gobs of bass, better treble extension, and probably better dynamics. But the midrange suffers. (edit: okay, it seems to depend on the source material. I'm gonna swap in a more analytical, less bassy transport with an AT&T ST optical connection and see what that does with the pro-bias box)

Both my SRD-7s are not SB, looks like that extra transformer is for the bias supply in the SB version. Also looks like to get both bias voltages, they simply take the normal bias off before a couple more stages of voltage doubling, then to the pro?

The SRD-7/MK2 and SRD-7 Pro look to be the same quality inside while the normal-bias SRD-7 is a few steps behind. I am impressed at how much less complex the dual-bias unit is than I had presumed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back