SR80 Portable Amp
Jan 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RedSox

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm going to order a pair of Grado SR80s tonight (that's a good choice, right?) and I'm going to need a portable amp. I'm probably going to use this at both my computer and with my iPhone. What amp should I get? How is this one? Or this one?

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Take a look at the FiiO E5, that should do the trick
smily_headphones1.gif

It's small, has volume control, has it's own rechargable battery and it's got a bass-boost function. All that for the low low price of $20!

By the by, the Behringer amp you mentioned.. it sucks
wink.gif
Tried it and most definitely wasn't worth the money.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take a look at the FiiO E5, that should do the trick
smily_headphones1.gif

It's small, has volume control, has it's own rechargable battery and it's got a bass-boost function. All that for the low low price of $20!

By the by, the Behringer amp you mentioned.. it sucks
wink.gif
Tried it and most definitely wasn't worth the money.

Okay, thanks for all the info! Both my Grados SR80s and Fiio E5 have been ordered!
atsmile.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 5
The PA2v2 is a nice little starter amp. $60, a little more than you may have planed to spend. You'll like it and it's very easy to resell when you get ready to upgrade. The SR-80's and this amp were my 1st setup.
http://www.electric-avenues.com/

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PA2v2 is a nice little starter amp. $60, a little more than you may have planed to spend. You'll like it and it's very easy to resell when you get ready to upgrade. The SR-80's and this amp were my 1st setup.
Welcome To Electric-Avenues.com !

Okay, thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back