SR71 + Etys
Oct 11, 2004 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

widds2v

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have this combo? SR71 + Ety ER4P/S? If so does the bass increase enough to justify the purchase... or would something like a supermono with the bass boost switch be better?

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 6
You might want to pm vranswer. He used etys with the SR-71 and, while he loved the amp, he decided to sell it and replace it with the Supermono. If I recall, one of the reasons he did so was to take advantage of the bass boost option on the Supermono.

Oct 12, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 6
I own both Ety 4S and the SR-71. Yes it does add bass, but so does my portable Pimeta. The bass becomes a bit more defined with a little more definition and punch. It sounds perfect to me. However, the amp is not going to transform your Etys into headphones that give you huge bass, or have the effect of a bass boost. Also, the SR-71 will show it stuff more with a better source. It sounds good from my computer sound card, but through my portable DAC, it sounds amazing!! If you want an injection of major bass, the supermono with bass boost might be the best choice for your setup.

dshea

Oct 12, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 6
After emailing back and forth with Xin I'll probably go supermono, the SR71 looks to have a nicer build quality (at least on the outside), but for features I think the supermono has it beat.

Oct 12, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #6 of 6
I have only heard a Beta (so take this with a grain of salt), but the version I have of the SuperMono with Bass Boost makes it sound closest to the SR71. But I wouldn't say it surpassed it in the lower end. Course there are different SM versions (including an additional stacked buffer) and it's been tweaked since I received mine.

Both sound very nice with the Etys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back