SR60's or SR80's?
Nov 7, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #46 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me to get the SR60's from TTVJ, it's $59 w/ shipping...and the Alessandro's would be $106...how is this the same?

Dude, are you serious? They're obvious talking about ordering outside the US...

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #47 of 92
I just spoke with Todd for TTVJ and he says that normally only 1 coupon/rebate code is allowed per order. However, you can stack the $10 your first order with any other rebate. Just mention the first-time discount in the comments section of the order.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #48 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Paccioli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, are you serious? They're obvious talking about ordering outside the US...

Ok, I don't appreciate your smart-ass atitude, but OBVIOUSLY, even if the Grado SR60's have say for example a $30 import+shipping cost, than the MS-1's would most likely have to same or even be more, so therefore it still wouldn't even be close to the same price..."look before you leap".

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMonky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just spoke with Todd for TTVJ and he says that normally only 1 coupon/rebate code is allowed per order. However, you can stack the $10 your first order with any other rebate. Just mention the first-time discount in the comments section of the order.

Yes, I emailed him and he told me the same.

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #49 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I don't appreciate your smart-ass atitude, but OBVIOUSLY, even if the Grado SR60's have say for example a $30 import+shipping cost, than the MS-1's would most likely have to same or even be more, so therefore it still wouldn't even be close to the same price..."look before you leap"

MS-1s have free international shipping from Alessandro's website. Sorry Pez, you're a good guy, but it's "open mouth, insert foot" time on this one.
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #51 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the MS1s equivalant to the SR60s?

The materials they're constructed of are equivalent to the SR-125, but their response has been tweaked to make them more neutral. They're generally considered to be more detailed than SR-60s, particularly when compared using bowl pads. You can read a lot more in the comparison thread that was linked earlier in this thread.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #52 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The materials they're constructed of are equivalent to the SR-125, but their response has been tweaked to make them more neutral. They're generally considered to be more detailed than SR-60s, particularly when compared using bowl pads. You can read a lot more in the comparison thread that was linked earlier in this thread.

I remember someone telling me that they're like a mix of different Grado components which are then tweaked slightly. Would that be a fair comment?

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #55 of 92
^^ yes pls
smily_headphones1.gif

So is it fair to say: SR60 < SR80 < MS1?

Right not if I wanted brand new it would have to be the MS1, does anyone know the reason Grado doesn't like being shipped overseas?

I am on the lookout for second hand - forum sale SR60s, I think they would make a good start to the world of cans, for a straight IEM user.

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #57 of 92
Still haven't got my email back from Alessandro about warranty issues. Does anyone have any experience with making warranty claims from overseas? I really don't want to pay for shipping to and back from the US since its pretty pricey.

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #58 of 92
yeah, i saw on www.audiophile.com.au, a store in melbourne that sell the grados! however, just like headphonic, they are wildy overpriced, $120AUD for the SR60s, considering its $60USD (about $65AUD).

ah the price we have to pay to get a good pair of headphones!

Nov 7, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #60 of 92
id go the MS1's ive had the ER6is, and looking at your sig, I dont think you'd benefit from another pair of IEMs when you have like uber awesome ones!

for me its either that, or put toward super fi 5, livewires, or e530, or trip fis.

sigh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back