SR60i or K81DJ
May 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 6
The K81DJ has this weird midrange that makes instruments sound really off-tone.

And in my opinion, the SR60 sounds like a radio speaker, but maybe that's because I had the RS-2 as my main Grado model beforehand.

Pick your poison, but I'd go with the SR60 myself.
wink.gif

May 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Without you telling us more about your preferences and planned type of usage: SR60. The K81 sounds plain wrong to my ears, particularly the bass and lower midrange.

BUT, the sr60 is open (very) and the 81 is closed so your planned usage might tip you over in the 81 direction. If you plan to use the phones in a noisy environment or if you don't want to disturb other people with your music the sr60 is not a good choise.

May 10, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
That's two different beast (so to speak!) I have both and I like them both. It comes down to where you will use them. In quiet settings, the SR60 are much nicer. But as soon as you have any surrounding noise, you'll have to drastically raise the volume and it still not great. The K81 will provide a much better isolation but the do get hot.

Outside/noisy = K81
Inside/quiet = SR60

May 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 6
Hmmm... thanks for u opinions guys. I guess in short SR60 sounds better but has no isolation... Since im really lookin for SQ, i guess ill go with SR60 and i do like to mod it a lot... Hahahah Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back