SR60 to MS-2i. Worth or not?
Dec 25, 2006 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DesmondDavidH

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I just made my first step in the headphile world and I'm already feeling the first symptoms of upgraditis. I'm a happy owner of a SR60 and I like the sound and I'm so impressed by the quality that I'd like see (actually, listen) what a better Grado would perform, like a MS-2i. I heard (ok.. actually read) the sound of the Alessandro line is little different, with more balanced and neutral highs. What should I expect from the MS-2i? My playlist is made by 95% of indie rock, so what I really need is a good detail on the middles, I'm not looking in particular for to much lows and highs.

PS
My current setup is an Envy24HT Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 (amplified thru my Marantz PM-63) and I'm not planning to switch to dedicated amp.

Dec 25, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 6
I started with the MS1 and moved up to the MS2. I listen to a good amount of indie rock (Death Cab, Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Decemberists, etc.) as well, you will not be disappointed.

Dec 25, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 6
mhh, I need a better description of the sound
cool.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesmondDavidH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mhh, I need a better description of the sound
cool.gif

Actually; you did a pretty darned fine job of describing the differences in your own words, in your original post!!

Nope! I'm not being sarcastic! You explained it just as well yourself as I could have myself!!

I guess I could say that if you like the fun sound of the SR-60, you may want to look at the SR-325i, but if you would like a more neutral...ok....I'll add analytical, sound, then perhaps the MS2i IS also worth a look.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually; you did a pretty darned fine job of describing the differences in your own words, in your original post!!

Nope! I'm not being sarcastic! You explained it just as well yourself as I could have myself!!

I guess I could say that if you like the fun sound of the SR-60, you may want to look at the SR-325i, but if you would like a more neutral...ok....I'll add analytical, sound, then perhaps the MS2i IS also worth a look.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL, so that's it. The cans are on the way, shipped today, so I'll judge my self in the next weeks. o/

Dec 30, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm sorry I have drawn you into this hobby, Des.
But I'm sure you will enjoy every second of it.
Sorry about your wallet, though.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back