SR60 or SR80?
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #31 of 35
Well, my SR-80s just came in. They're incredible, and I've got no problem even before letting them burn-in. They are most definitely worth the money. Having not heard the SR-60s personally, I can not offer an impression on them VS the 80s, but there are enough opinions on this subject that you should be able to come to a conclusion yourself. I do, however, recommend trying to find a local hi-fi store so you can hear them for yourself. If you can, bring one of your favorite CDs to play so you can have a reference point.

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jumped right to an SR-80 here. Don't know what an SR-60 sounds like, but these are great, and are really awesome with an amp! (if you're not going to amp it might not be worth it. I've heard the SR-60 doesn't benefit as much from amping, as do most of the lower-end Grados compared to the higher-end ones)

I find they sound just fine out of an iPod Classic, which is essentially my "Portable Setup".
smily_headphones1.gif
They have perhaps slightly better bass (when out of my Bithead), and you can pump them louder and with a tad less distortion, but at moderate volumes they sound just peachy.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For what it is worth, I had the SR80 and MS1 at the same time. Kept the MS1 and sold the SR80. Just preferrd the MS1 a little bit more.

While the debate on SR60 v SR80 is undecided, there doen't seem to be any argument against the MS1..

Kind regards

g_a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back