sr60 or ahd1001?
Apr 13, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No more recos. I'd say D1001 fits your bill.

Ordered the d1001 at amazon (price drop 2 weeks ago). Wow! I like this warm-sounding headphones!

REad somewhere that it would sound better after breakin(how many hours?) and new wires (cant find this thread).

Never knew that headphones can be addicting.
smile.gif
I now have this Denon and the Senn cx300 to play around with. Maybe I'll try the Grados next.
biggrin.gif
But this Denon so far is putting a smile on my face each time I put them on.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by exmachina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered the d1001 at amazon (price drop 2 weeks ago). Wow! I like this warm-sounding headphones!

REad somewhere that it would sound better after breakin(how many hours?) and new wires (cant find this thread).

Never knew that headphones can be addicting.
smile.gif
I now have this Denon and the Senn cx300 to play around with. Maybe I'll try the Grados next.
biggrin.gif
But this Denon so far is putting a smile on my face each time I put them on.

And so it begins
very_evil_smiley.gif
Hide your wallet while you have the chance!
beyersmile.png

I am also considering the D1001. Can someone comment on the sound isolation? My abundance of earwax is making IEMs annoying, as I have to clean the tips after every use.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And so it begins
very_evil_smiley.gif
Hide your wallet while you have the chance!
beyersmile.png

I am also considering the D1001. Can someone comment on the sound isolation? My abundance of earwax is making IEMs annoying, as I have to clean the tips after every use.

Sound isolation is pretty ok. I can hear outside sound at moderate volume.

X2 on the wallet.
biggrin.gif
Probably I'll save up on some pretty good cd player. Right now I'm using my headpones w/ my ipod and laptop.

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are the mids on the d1000? are they more upfront or laidback?

Well, I'm still breaking-in these headphones. As of the moment, they're laidback for me.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #22 of 29
The mids on the D1001 never gets upfront (at least compared to Grados and such). It's definitely there and clear, but not forward in your face.

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mids on the D1001 never gets upfront (at least compared to Grados and such). It's definitely there and clear, but not forward in your face.

Slightly laid back? I had tried a demo in a store a week ago, and I found that they were recessed... There might have been no burn in though :/

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 29
Absolutely not recessed, just laid back.
You need a serious listening session to really judge a headphone. You simply can't do that on a 5 min try-out
wink.gif
And it has a very nice soundstage. I was really surprised about how good it sounded stock!

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely not recessed, just laid back.
You need a serious listening session to really judge a headphone. You simply can't do that on a 5 min try-out
wink.gif
And it has a very nice soundstage. I was really surprised about how good it sounded stock!

All I could tell from the try out was it was so comfy!
smily_headphones1.gif
I might consider the AHD 2000's instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #26 of 29
Oh you are wise my friend. I had the D1001 (rebranded as the CAL!) and they are light edition of the D2000. There is way more detail, bass, speed and soundstage with the bigger brother. I have the D2000 in my possession for exactly two weeks now, and I'm still amazed about how good they are every time I have them on my head
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #28 of 29
I'm going to recable them, but only after about a couple of months, so I get the w00t effect again
biggrin.gif
So Chungster, If you get the feeling a recable might do you some good, you know who to PM
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back