SR60 harsh treble
Feb 10, 2007 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hatfi

Head-Fier
The treble spike on my SR60s is now starting to grate on me. Has anyone found a good equaliser setting on Winamp that compensates for this? I have experimented but I don't know if I am getting a flattish response or if I am overdoing the equalisation. Are there other media players that do this better? Also, I notice with interest that other Grados, the RS1 for example, have a similar spike on the Headroom graphs, yet I don't hear reports of shrillness problems with them. Is there more to this than just the freq response graphs?

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 10
I think I read somewhere that setting 14kHz to -2dB would help. Try it out
smily_headphones1.gif

Fiddling around with an EQ you like ios a good idea, just don't set any frequency to something over 0, it will create distortion. Rather set it under 0 when fiddling.

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 10
I did notice recently that my first CMOY seemed to reduce the shrill a bit. I'll dig out the PA2V2 and try it. I have K501s in a box, which I am not allow to open until the 24th. I will probably sell on the SR60s and look for some new rock phones.

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #8 of 10
harsh treble on sr60s with comfies? give me a break , highs are rather softened.
plainface.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the PA2V2 adds equalization to the chain?

Kinda. PA2V2 is known to be very warm amp (read, rolled off highs and pronounced bass) which kinda countereffects Grados opposite soundsignature.

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

trade your SR60s for some Koss UR40s.

Never had these recommended before. Are they really on a par with SR60s? Do they have the same driver as the KSC75?
I have some UR20s, which are closed and have the acoustic qualities of a tin barn, maybe if I opened up the backs they would sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back