SR60 cable repair?
Mar 4, 2007 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
Ok my SR60's sound won't come out of the left side, and was contemplating a repair myself via a cheap recable, or just spending the $25 to get it repaired from Grado. I like the headphones and don't really need to upgrade since i use them with the comp, but $25 sounds steep for a $70 set especially when the cable seems like it would likely break again. anyone have any experience with recabling or should i just bite the bullet and pay $25.

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 4
If you do opt for a Grado recabling, perhaps an upgrade to an SR-80 or higher cable may be warranted.

The SR-60 uses a three conductor cable, the higher ups go with a four.

My MS-1 cable got tangled in the kids computer chair and they managed to spin it around before they realized the cable was tangled. There were some pretty nasty chunks torn out of it between the "Y" and the housings, but it still works great even with some of the insulation missing!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok, after looking at the headphones, i think the problem is the tip is bent slightly. if i pull the cord near the jack, i get sound so im guessing its a bad joint at the plug area. Should I just get a new plug and resolder the connection? it would seem like there would be no way to make it look clean, ie i would have to bandaid it with heatshrink tubing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back