sr60 and sr80.
Dec 5, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 10
May have to do w/ their sightly dif. sound sigs coupled with their stock pads. sr-60 - comfies, sr-80 - bowls. Not to mention many hate bowls.

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
May have to do w/ their sightly dif. sound sigs coupled with their stock pads. sr-60 - comfies, sr-80 - bowls. Not to mention many hate bowls.

thanks kirosia.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 10
I wouldn't say the SR-80's are thin on the bottom. Unamped out of the box they were, but with a year on mine and an amp connected, these things have seriously filled in, and I would definitely not describe them as "thin" at all anymore.

In a few days I'll also be recieving a pair of Flat Pads from Todd, and that should seriously fill in the bass if I'm not mistaken.

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 10
This has probably something to do with the 4 conductor connecting cable, and the bowls definitely have something to do with the difference in sound with regards to the SR60's comfies. I used to hate the sr80, but after 6 months of serious burn-in and a ratshack pad change, the bass suddenly emerged with a vengeance! It gets even better when paired with an amp where the sr60 can only dream to compete with it in terms of clarity. For portable use, the sr60 is still king and unbeaten for value
580smile.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by eitook
This has probably something to do with the 4 conductor connecting cable, and the bowls definitely have something to do with the difference in sound with regards to the SR60's comfies. I used to hate the sr80, but after 6 months of serious burn-in and a ratshack pad change, the bass suddenly emerged with a vengeance! It gets even better when paired with an amp where the sr60 can only dream to compete with it in terms of clarity. For portable use, the sr60 is still king and unbeaten for value
580smile.gif

compared to the px100 and portapro it's hard to say the sr60 is king for portable use.

Dec 5, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwarzenneger
compared to the px100 and portapro it's hard to say the sr60 is king for portable use.

grado + portable + loud environment = tinnitus
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
In a few days I'll also be recieving a pair of Flat Pads from Todd, and that should seriously fill in the bass if I'm not mistaken.

Thats right.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back