SR325s Cable
May 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

specto

100+ Head-Fier
I have some AMAZING pre-production SR325s that I absolutely love, but the cable is starting to become very stiff coming out of the headphones. 

Does the cable turning stiff change the sound of the headphone? 

Also if I do get it recabled I don't want to change the sound too much, what cable should I use and who can do it?

May 7, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn't think that it would change the sound of the headphone. The stiffness is most likely the insulation becoming hard, not the conductors. The sound shouldn't change unless the actual conductor and connections are corroded, or damaged.

If you want to recables your headphones, there are many options out there. Probably the easiest option is to use some form of starquad cable (Canare L-4E6S, Mogami 2354). There are many tutorials and guides on how to recable your headphones on these forums. 

Have fun :)

May 8, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 5
I've asked similar questions before, and what I was told to do was order a Grado Headphone Extension cable and cut one end off and wire it to the headphones. This would not change the headphones and give you the highest quality Grado derived cable available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back