SR325is Blown?
Jan 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

loveha

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Grado SR325is Headphones. First song I play was Learning to Fly from Pink Floyd. Next song was Time from Floyd as well. After Learning to Fly was over I turned them up a little bit, nothing crazy or deafening that would hurt the ears mind you. Just to my normal listening level. That is when I noticed my brand new, not even 1 hour old headphones are possibly defective. I want to say the left ear cup sounds like a blown speaker, but I did nothing that would cause that, not like I pumped rap at a crazy volume through them. I have them hooked up to my Computer through an HT OMEGA Claro Halo Sound Card with the Op Amps switched out to LME49720NA. This is my first set of real cans. I use the Audio Technica ATHCK7 Titanium Earphones for my  iPod. Basically got them for Music Listening and gaming. Got tired of Gaming Headsets.
Anybody have any ideas on what I could do. I find it hard to believe that the speaker is blown. I would like to think that something, I don't know what, could be lose and vibrating. Now I looked at them, but not exactly sure on how to go about taking them apart. If someone in fact does suggest that.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 4
I do, and already contacted them. Just waiting on a reply. Just seeing if maybe someone has a better idea. Never heard of a speaker blown from the factory before.

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 4
This sounds weird, but try shaking it. Mine has an insane rattling noise sometimes, and it's just some dust or particle on the transducer. Give it a good shake or two, holding on to the cups so you don't break the plastic headband connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back