SR325i or MS2i???
May 2, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #32 of 43
RS325i just make me feel uncomfirtable to wear, maybe my head is too big
blink.gif

May 2, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #33 of 43
I think I should be fine with the comfort, since right out of the box my SR60's were not tight at all (i guess i have a relatively small head), more worried about the weight/bowls. However i find the SR60's to be extremely light. I suppose we shall see soon when i get them

May 2, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #34 of 43
I found that the MS2i's are not tame. they are just tame COMPARED to the 325i's. i thorougly enjoyed listening to the MS2i's over the 325i's especially to hard rock and metal. i wish i had the funds to get an MS2i. i guess i'm just more of an alessandro grado fan than a grado grado fan.

May 12, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #35 of 43
After reading through a number of SR325i and MS2i comments, I still can't settle down with a choice. Personally, I like the built of SR325i (not so related to sound quality...
tongue.gif
), but worrying whether it'll sound too bright for me....
rolleyes.gif

The MS2i is more balanced, but not sure if it's too balanced for me....
rolleyes.gif

From all the comments, seems that pairing a tube amp or a warm solid state amp with recessed highs with SR325i may work. Another option is having a source with warm sound and/or recessed highs.....

Maybe, I'll soon make up my mind.... :p

May 12, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #36 of 43
One of my personally held beliefs is that a listener should pick the the phones with the sound that they like, and then get an amp and associated equipment that will allow the phones to keep that particular sound rather than modifying it.

...again; that's just me.
plainface.gif

May 13, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lerio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask people who found 325i having too much treble if problem is solved with flat pad, it work Perfect for RS-1, i wonder if it work for 325i too
blink.gif

The flat pads do reduce the treble energy but they also mess with the sound balance and soundstage and makes the bass sound worse. In my opinion of course.

The MS2i gets my vote over the 325i (most of the time).

One more opinion:

Both of them are not the most comfortable (relative to the rest of the range) due to the weight of the cups. They do not fit the head so snugly like the other plastic or wood siblings. Listening while lying on a pillow is worse.

May 13, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The flat pads do reduce the treble energy but they also mess with the sound balance and soundstage and makes the bass sound worse. In my opinion of course.

First time i ear that, anybody here feel the same ?
eek.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #41 of 43
Does the 325i do any justice to classical music?

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 43
For me, even the MS2i have too much treble, while 325i have way too much.
basshead.gif
I much prefer MS2i over 325i.

Also, I find that the flat pads hurt the clarity of the phones, but for me it doesn't hurt the bass. I would say there is more, and it might be a bit less controlled, but I think that it's due to the lack of clarity that the flat pads produce for the whole sound range.

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #43 of 43
I had been using the flat pads since my MS-1 days, that once I got my hands on the MS-2... I just couldn't get used to the bowls, and neither did I try to acclimatize to the bowls...

Just loved the flats, even with the MS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back