sr225i R Clip Defect?
Dec 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

goma14

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of sr225i's almost 4 weeks ago (I'm glad I gave them a try--love their sound,) and noticed that either the R clip piece was chipped or has a gap in the seal, but didn't pay much attention to it. I didn't think it was too big of a deal for the hassle of getting it exchanged--not to mention that I would be without headphones to use at school and work, but now I'm a little worried that it may come apart completely and not be able to be snapped back into place. If I sent it in, would I likely have the same problem with a different pair?

And here's the left cup's area:

Now that I think about, it looks like they just rotate the piece for the R&L sides, because the L side seems to have the same gap, but on the top instead. So, I wonder if this is normal...

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Were these "store bought" Grados, or did you buy them used?  It looks like the headband is an after-market replacement (a nice one, don't get me wrong), but that one half of the right block was installed upside down.  Not a huge problem, more cosmetic than anything else.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Were these "store bought" Grados, or did you buy them used?  It looks like the headband is an after-market replacement (a nice one, don't get me wrong), but that one half of the right block was installed upside down.  Not a huge problem, more cosmetic than anything else.

I bought them new on amazon. I added a beyer headband pad over the Grado's as soon as they came in.

That's good. I'm not too concerned with the way they look. I'm even using yellow pads on them at the moment. Although, I am considering dying them black. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back