Sr225 to totally confused
Sep 21, 2004 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tuatara

500+ Head-Fier
Having spent far to much time here over the last few days searching and reading reviews I am more confused than ever which direction to take.
What I want is an upgrade of the SR225 sound, I can get the RS1 new at a reasonable price(for outside the US that is) but wonder whether the MS2 might be all I need.
My music collection(cd and Vinyl) is pretty extensive and I might listen to Hendrix/Depece Mode/Iris Dement/Richard Thompson at any given session.
The 225 handles these different styles quite well.
I like the 225 sound but want a Grado that is going to give me more but the same if you follow, dig a bit deeper without becoming cold .
I wish it was possible to audition but its hard enough finding a retailer carrying the cheaper grados let alone the top stuff.
So confused, perhaps I need a new hobby.

ps. It all goes through an SXH1 which I'm happy with and seems to suit the 225

Sep 21, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 4
All I can say, is that the RS1 is anything but cold, even running from a cheap source.The MS2 (if anything like the MS1) may be less "fun" and emotional in comparison.

Sep 21, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 4
ayep, more neutral and analytical=alessandro. but some folks enjoy that more in a can *raises hand!* the 225 is a fun can, but dont forget, the alessandro is still a grado and can kill a ton of other cans in the fun dept too - "Never let me down" by Depeche mode with the MS-2 sounds downright evil.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Wow, Depeche Mode sounding evil... those Alessandros must be magic-makers
icon10.gif
I wonder how Megadeth would sound on them... I've got "Rust In Peace" in heavy rotation and I'm sure the alessandros or grados would sound most evil with Megadeth cranked through them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back