Sr225/RA1 Newbie checks in (Pt 2) Initial impressions of the combo
Jun 22, 2003 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lion Zion

Head-Fier
I am now the proud owner of a working SR225/RA1 amp combo. Firstly, I want to extend my sincere thanks to all who offered assistance and suggestions in repairing the broken battery strap the amp arrived with. I ended up buying a replacement strap at the local hardware store ($1.19) and stroking the guitar tech where I take lessons $10.00 to open the amp up and remove the old strap and solder in the new one. The thought of undertaking a diy repair was too intimidating for now, so I wussed out!

I have to say that at first blush, this set up totally rocks. What an improvement with the amp. The poster with the SR325 with reversed channels should listen with an amp prior to returning. I am definately going to give the set up a fair chance on all kinds of music. So far after listening to just two discs, Daniel Lanois "Shine" and Beulah, "When Your Heartstrings Break", it sounds really killer. Fairly neutral across the board. Nice bottom end, not a real bass monster so far, but that will be tested with some reggae/dub tracks. The mids and highs are sweet, snares snap just right, vocals sound realistic, no sibilance on the vocals (always a good sign). Nice, not killer sound stage. Ears a bit fatigued after 30 minutes.

I'm a happy boy.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back