SR225 Questions :D
Dec 9, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #32 of 46
Yes, they'll have a stereo one at Rat Shack. Still highly recommended that you invest in the Grado adaptor - the flexibility of it makes it ideal for fragile mini-jacks. Sennheiser has a similar option for less dough, but they're not available in Canada, I believe.

You should be able to get the Grado adaptor for $20CDN TOPS. Do your DAP a favour.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #33 of 46
Picked one up .. the real grado adventure begins.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #34 of 46
Thanks guys! First time and internet forum has actually helped me!
rs1smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #36 of 46
All this talk of SR-225's make me miss mine. . . even though I've got RS-1's I kind of want my SR-225's back
frown.gif

You've made a great choice, but beware of up'grado'ius
rs1smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #37 of 46
Whats your guy's thoughts on 414 pads vs. grado bowls? I doubt flats are available only .. How would the yellow pads change my headphones?

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats your guy's thoughts on 414 pads vs. grado bowls? I doubt flats are available only .. How would the yellow pads change my headphones?

414 pads = thicker bass, more midrange presence, and tamer highs. The soundstage does suffer somewhat though. It's a very different sound so if I were you I would experiment. Personally I think the senn pads are better for most music, but the bowl pads also have their moments with acoustic music and such. I find them a bit too harsh for metal and hard rock though

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #39 of 46
Id imagine id lose some airiness/transparentcy ..

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #41 of 46
It may be just getting used to the sound or the effects of burn in ,but I find the longer I listen to the 225s the better they get.At first they were kind of harsh and thin sounding on some recordings,and the bass didn't seem to be very deep.Now after several hours with them they are starting to fill out some and the bass is starting to get nice and punchy.I also think they are very detailed phones.I hear little things on some cds that I had never heard before.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #42 of 46
Was hoping these would give my dt770s a run for my main headphone. I'm ready to call myself a non-grado person. These will be lovely, relaxing headphones for work. But my dt770s are just pure amazing, powerful, lovely lovely peice of equipment.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #43 of 46
humm......maybe your high end can should be the HD650
wink.gif
eggosmile.gif
I'm still awaiting my Grados, but will be posting my impressions of them stacked up with my Senns. Apparently, two different cans that might compliment one another nicely.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #44 of 46
Yeah, I think Senn 650 will be my last endevour deep into the wallet. Quite content with this combo right now though .. but you know how headphones are. Grass is always greener on the other side
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I think Senn 650 will be my last endevour deep into the wallet. Quite content with this combo right now though .. but you know how headphones are. Grass is always greener on the other side
smily_headphones1.gif

And that's the basic premise of this site!!!!! It's making me extend my wallet just for these HD650s!
eggosmile.gif

There is something to be said about just being content with what you have. I hope I'm not one of those that finds my audio nirvana....then tries out some buds on an ipod, then decides there's no huge difference and then sell everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back