sr225 help major problem!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2004 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

X14Halo

Head-Fier
i just took my sr225's out of the box, and plugged them in, and the sound only comes through the left ear, not the right! Im a newbie....HELP!!!!!!!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 35
Probably a bad cable.

Dec 21, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo
i just took my sr225's out of the box, and plugged them in, and the sound only comes through the left ear, not the right! Im a newbie....HELP!!!!!!!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

First of all, make sure everything else, such as sound source, plug etc. works fine.
Second, try to plug your phone again to see if anything changes.
Third, call your dealer.

Dec 21, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Really, one ! makes your point.

Hey if you were a noob and bought some SR255's, and you plugged them in and only one earphone worked, wouldn't you be inclined to a little more than slight frustration?

Dec 21, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 35
A little friendly advice. Next time take a big breath, and try the obvious before you post.
For some reason this time of year makes people post first and try to figure things out themselves later. Might be because we are cooped inside the house and want to talk with people.
Glad you got your phones working. Do you like them?

Dec 21, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandoj
Hey if you were a noob and bought some SR255's, and you plugged them in and only one earphone worked, wouldn't you be inclined to a little more than slight frustration?

As a technology noob, I'd be excited. As someone who frequents internet forums, I'd know that !!!!!!!!! or
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
or talking in all caps makes me look like a forum noob, and I'd tone it down.

Glad to see the problem was solved...I suspected that was the issue.

Dec 22, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 35
i listened to them a little...but right now they are in my sock drawer burning in. Ill let em burn in for 50 hours or so. These are my 1st "real" headphones, and I gotta say, they are smaller than i imagined...i was imagining huge things that like take over the side of your head. Little uncomfy...feels like sandpaper...but from what I have heard, it gets better over time.

Dec 22, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo
i listened to them a little...but right now they are in my sock drawer burning in. Ill let em burn in for 50 hours or so. These are my 1st "real" headphones, and I gotta say, they are smaller than i imagined...i was imagining huge things that like take over the side of your head. Little uncomfy...feels like sandpaper...but from what I have heard, it gets better over time.

If you're referring to the sandpaper feeling.... : ) Probably doesn't get "better" over time... rather your ears get desensitized : )

Dec 22, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 35
Also if you ever have intermittent connection problems with your plugs, just take a cotton ball, put some rubbing alcohol in it, and twist around them to clean them off. Works wonders.

Dec 22, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Yeah, I burnt mine in for about 50 hours before selling them. I've really come to question whether I burnt them in enough, you might want to try for 100 before judging them.

I agree with your statement. When I had mine a while back they were very bright sounding and the bass was really slow and uncontrolled. After about 100 hours I started to notice an overall change. The harsh highs died down was replaced with a more balanced sound. Also bass tighten up but not as tight as I would of liked though. It was wonderful with the EMP.

Dec 22, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #15 of 35
well here's an update.. i played counterstrike with them for about 3 hours, and listened to some music.... and after about 3 hours of wearing them, they are beginning to hurt my ears...almost to the point that i want to take them off. I have a feeling this is going to be a painful process..haha. I also turned on the bass boost that came with my new audigy zs notebook soundcard, and it works great...greatly improves the bass. I can't go back to the default settings now , haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back