SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream
Mar 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #557 of 594
I think the LED conversation has run it's course now. How about moving onto something else... like the LL mk2, which incidentally has dropped its blue knob in favour of a more restrained (looks like black) colour:

d6d1f0b0e05.jpg

Anyone heard this one yet?

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #558 of 594
^ not yet, but I look forward to doing so, should the opportunity present itself. I prefer this look over the original LL, and, if the fit and finish are anything like the LG, it will be a very handsome amp in person. One thing about Cavalli Audio, though - they seem to be lacking, how should I put this politely, photographic skills. In other words, their amps look much, much better in person than in photos. This part I really appreciate about Woo Audio, they sure know how to showcase their products. But hey, I'm not complaining; let the photos be modest but the sound stellar.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #559 of 594
Quote:
Anyone heard this one yet?

The LL2 made its debut at the last Austin, TX meet. There are some impressions in that thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653681/head-fi-austin-2013-impressions

I'll be spending some time with the LL2 prototype next week as well.

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #563 of 594
Good thread bump Scruffy.

I waited about 1 year for my BHSE, but the wait time does depend on which phase of the build process you put the order in. A good rule of thumb is to assume it will always be much longer than you think. The deposit is refundable up to a point, so no harm in getting it in early.

In my case, the the wrong value was accidentally entered on the shipping documentation, so I paid less import duty  than I had expected, but there's no guarantee that the same mistake will be made again. So in the UK it's best to assume it will be shipping costs plus exchange rate margin plus 5% import duty plus 20% VAT.  

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #564 of 594
Hi David, my question was directed at you. My apologies my first time on a forum. I ask as I noted you were West Yorkshire. I was also trying to get a feel for how many people in the UK have a BHSE or a Cavalli LL especially as there is now a UK importer for Cavalli.

Thanks.

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #565 of 594
Hi David, my question was directed at you. My apologies my first time on a forum. I ask as I noted you were West Yorkshire. I was also trying to get a feel for how many people in the UK have a BHSE or a Cavalli LL especially as there is now a UK importer for Cavalli.

Thanks.

Hi Scruffy,

I'll send you a PM regarding the import VAT I paid for my BHSE.
AFAIK, myself and Richard ( TheAttorney ) have the BHSE in the UK, I don't know of anyone else.
A friend of mine that lives around two miles from me has the Cavalli LL, head-fier IanG.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #567 of 594
Hi Scruffy,

I'll send you a PM regarding the import VAT I paid for my BHSE.
AFAIK, myself and Richard ( TheAttorney ) have the BHSE in the UK, I don't know of anyone else.
A friend of mine that lives around two miles from me has the Cavalli LL, head-fier IanG.

There will be another in the UK soon.  I've got one coming from the current batch.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #570 of 594
This has probably been said before but is there any other Amp/Headphone Combo that's offers so much divided opinion, as the BHSE/009?

I set out to establish whether to upgrade my speaker or headphone system.Part of my thinking was that now I'm getting a little older, my hearing is not as good as it once was.So I'm thinking lets find the best Headphone/Amp combo and see how it measures up to a reasonably priced speaker system.

So I got to hear the BHSE/009 combo, as owned by a Head-fi member and wasn't overly impressed. (He's since posted that his changed things and he's now happy but obviously I can't comment)

Many have expressed the opinion that maybe the BHSE is best with the 007 Mk1 and the Wes with the 009
We  all know of one member who is so critical of the opposition(to the BHSE) that it seems to provoke an almost God like following of the BHSE.

One member,who wrote an extensive review on Headphones on this site, put the 009 at the top(taking away non production models) seems to suggest the BHSE as a perfect 'marriage'.
Some seem to suggest that the choice of 'source' with the BHSE/009 to be critical . So in the above case, who's fronting their BHSE/009 with $41430 worth of 'source'(obviously much more with cables etc)Hands up, who's going there?? (This also brings in the much voiced opinion that a headphone system can be obtained for a fraction of the cost of a speaker system?)

Now, couple all of this, and living in the UK (as I do)where it's almost impossible to audition this stuff, how on earth do you make an informed choice??

So, I think OK lets bite the bullet and order a BHSE on the basis that I can either a. sell it or b. return it, with minimal costs.So ,yes, I've pushed the button and ordered mine.

Then I get a PM from another member who talks about no emotion experience with the 009s(bearing in mind he's got the full set - but not the BHSE) Well I'm now thinking 'Is this where I want to go'??

So I would like to hear from any member who firstly has listened to 'live' music.Hopefully this will be 'classical' music as it provides far greater 'test' to musical reproduction.That is because of a far greater range of instruments(both on a small and large scale) played by professional Musicians and generally better recorded.(Interestingly , the ears behind VTL-an Amp I've just bought for my speaker system- is an ex professional classical musician!)

I asked this question when I first came to Head-fi. My ID of 'britneedsadvice' as that's just what I wanted- I didn't get any responses!!
Now I've posted this on the BHSE/009 thread (it will at least be read) maybe I will get some response??
I would really like to hear from members who have something 'original' to say.
Thanks to those who I have already spoken to by way of a 'PM'

Another thing that interests me is this(not just applicable to BHSE/009 or any other headphone combo).What are you doing when listening to music.Reading? Gaming? So what are you really concentrating on?(this of course also applies to a speaker system)and why a headphone system at all-when there's nobody else in the house? Let's leave these to another day please!! I can already see this thread being pulled sidewards!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back