SR009: need to burn in?
Jun 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 43
If you believe in the varying benefit of cables being burned in, the answer is "yes."  If you do not believe in the varying benefit of cables being burned in, the answer is "No."

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 43
My HE90s did benefit from about a 100 hrs of burn-in.  I can't speak to the SR-009s from personal experience since my pre-order is still pending delivery. But unless there is a wireless version, I would expect some from a silver coated 6N OFC cable, more, in fact than the previous pure copper version.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 43

Quote:
No, there is no such thing as burn-in. 

From the Master, no less. and absolutely true. I could see some very stiff speakers - pleated surrounds for instance - needing a little use to loosen up. Possibly. Anything else, including tubes, caps, resistors, wire, headphones, speakers - how could anyone ever believe that pseudoscience? I'll leave all that to the crowd who claim they can hear jitter.

All such talk should be segregated to a separate forum area where the rest of us never have to run into it. Please.

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 43

Quote:
When you buy new grand piano, you also thing that the mind is the only thing which transforms in time? Ask any piano-tuner.

Piano burnin'.

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 43
It's called acclimation.  Prove a cable's properties will change in x hours of running a signal through it and you'll win the Nobel Prize.

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #15 of 43

Quote:
Yeah, really relevant analogy comparing a mechanical instrument to a cable.

Oryginal question was: “do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?
Your answer is: Stax headphone is a cable, so not need.

Well, what to say…Have you ever heard about such thing like diaphragm, driver or coil? There are strings and chassis in grand piano, and diaphragm with moving coil in headphone. Both are mechanical-acoustic elements, and both need to be “burn in”.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back