sr-80s or 125s?
Mar 12, 2006 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gauss14

New Head-Fier
Started out last year with some HJ-E50s for my PSP, subsequently got some e3cs for my Ipod, then some MS-1s this year. These forums are really bleeding me dry cause I ain't rich.
On to the question. The guy I bought those MS-1s from told me they were modded sr-125s which sort of agrees with what I've read. But I've stumbled upon other comments which state that they were modded sr-80s which are much similarly priced. So I'm really confused now. Are they sr-80s modded to sound like sr-125s or sr-125s modded to sound more neutral?
And will a portable amp make a huge difference in terms of sound quality if they are currently driven directly from my 5G Ipod?

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I've asked in the past and no one could say why some claim they're SR80 modded, except for the price. On specs they're SR125s. On overall sound (especially taming the highs) they're better than either.

In portable environments, doubling your gear weight with an amp makes it hard to gage "worth it" status, but yes the MS1 improves nicely with an amp.

EDIT: And welcome to Head-Fi.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 3
I dunno was the MS1 mod from SR80/SR125. Most important is if you like the sound coming out from those cans.

I carry my PA2V2/CMOY2 with PSP "listerning to MP3s". It improves in sound wise.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back