SR-80 or SR-225? Other Grado questions.
Oct 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mminutel

500+ Head-Fier
Well, there is no place around to audition headphones at all so that is out of the question. I think I will really like the Grado signature, but I have heard a lot of people saying that you should skip the 225s and go straight for the 325i. I do not have enough money for that, so I am trying to decide if the 225s are worth the money. I already have the K81DJs, they just need a new headband. That is why I don't really want to get the SR-80s. I am actually looking for an upgrade.

I listen to a lot of rock. (The Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, Dream Theater, etc.)

How long do you think until these phones become "obsolete?" I know you guys upgrade a lot, but I am getting ready to start college and would like something that will last while I am not making money.

Will a PIMETA be a sufficient amp for these phones or am I myself?

I am sure there will be more questions to come. If you can talk me out of this purchase, please do. I really don't like spending money, but I have the bug.

Thanks,
Michael

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 2
I'd recommend that you get the SR80's, and save your money to buy something higher up the Grado ladder later, if you end up liking them (325 or above). I wouldn't worry about the Grados becoming obsolete, part of their charm is that that they already are, at least style-wise.

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back