SR-71B, Fully balanced input-output portable headphone amp.....
Dec 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #33 of 56
Santa did good this year.

Dec 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #34 of 56

Hi Kiddragonsoft,

Do you prefer using your JH16s out of the SE Out or Balanced out with your new 71b? I need to dicide if I get a Rsa Shadow Se or the 71b.. Thank you Rodrigo

Dec 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #35 of 56

Quote:

Hi Kiddragonsoft,

Do you prefer using your JH16s out of the SE Out or Balanced out with your new 71b? I need to dicide if I get a Rsa Shadow Se or the 71b.. Thank you Rodrigo

I prefer the balanced out but I use what ever is connected to my JH16 at the time.  I was listening to the Hifiman 602 so that was why I had the SE in the picture.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #36 of 56
Hi, Ray. I received the product ordered. Thank you.
etysmile.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #37 of 56
Hi Ray, I got mine today. Thanks.

I made a cable for balanced input. It sound nice and can drive LCD-2 balanced easily.
o2smile.gif

It is ihp120, Buffalo-II DAC, SR-71B, battery for the DAC from the right.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #42 of 56
Just received mine. Smaller than I expected and very well made. Quick listen also inidcates great performance.

One Question: Is it correct to assume that the lowest gain setting that gives enough volume (without maxing the volume) should be used?

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #43 of 56

Quote:
Just received mine. Smaller than I expected and very well made. Quick listen also inidcates great performance.

One Question: Is it correct to assume that the lowest gain setting that gives enough volume (without maxing the volume) should be used?

Amazingly, I can use my ES5 in high gain without channel imbalance or hiss at low volumes, and yet still drive my HE-6 in the same gain setting.  I'm quite happy with the sound so far.  I find the bass extension is better in medium and high gain mode, and really don't see a need to ever use low gain.  But I think it's more important to use the right source and cable than worrying about which gain setting to use.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #45 of 56
Dear Headfiers & friends....

We are almost there with our shipping to those who made the payment for the SR-71B at intro price.
There are those who put their name for one at intro price BUT had not paid yet.
I always give those friends 2 weeks grace period & honor the intro price this way just in case they had the difficulty of making payment during the Xmas time.
The dead line to make the payment, for those who made the reservation but did not pay till now, is January 10th 2011.
Thanks to those who purchased the SR-71B I am looking forward to reading  your impressions or a short review as to how the SR-71B sounds in your system.
RSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back