SR-71B charger: Questions
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fusionramjet

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased the SR-71b a few weeks ago and it came with a defective charger.  I spoke with Mr. Samuels over the phone about two weeks ago and he seemed very nice.  He told me to send him the defective charger and then he'll send me a new one.  Based on tracking, my charger got to him over a week ago.  I've emailed him twice since then, but he hasn't replied.  This has gotten me kind of worried. 
confused_face(1).gif
.  So, I was wondering two things: 1. Does anybody happen to have a spare SR-71b charger?  and 2. Does anybody know if a universal lithium ion battery charger would be safe to use with the SR-71b?  [i know you have to be very careful and only use compatible chargers, otherwise you can cause major damage apparently.  But that's all I know.  So, i was hoping that somebody could offer some advice/recommendations/input].  Thank you!  
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I think that the SR-71b charger is 14.7 volts [Could somebody confirm this?].  I don't know the charging current.
I found a website called All-Battery.com and found a universal Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Pack Universal Charger called the "Tenergy TLP".  It's a series of 3 chargers.  It states that the Output DC auto-detects to deliver 4.2 to 16.8V.  The TLP-2000 has a charging current of 0.5A, the TLP-4000 has a charging current of 1A, and the TLP-3000 has a charging current of 1.5A.  Does anybody know what's charging current of the SR-71B charger?  If it matches one of these universal chargers, would it be safe to use one of these to charge the SR-71b?  Thanks for any help anyone can provide! 
bigsmile_face.gif

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back