sr-71a
Nov 10, 2008 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
Well supposedly everyone is saying my blackbird will open up big time after 300 hours of burn in so I was wondering what is the most effective method of doing this? Do I just turn on shuffle plug in some crap headphones and turn the amp to normal listening volume? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 21
If you have an stereo radio tuner just set it on an station that plays 24 hours a day. Feed the music to the SR71A w/ a headphone attached. Every 24 hours change the gain to the next (low to medium to high ... repeat).

Remember to swap the batteries as they die! Alkalines last about 72 hours of continous play.

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 21
Remember though, you must dance to the music during the burn-in. It is part of the ritual. There are some real dancing fools around here. Not that all of them should be in public view but dance you must and dance we will. Now get to it! Put those hands up high and put'em low, now raise them up and shake all about. Check back in a week and let us know how you are doing . . . :^)

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 21
rofl jamato
smily_headphones1.gif
kk I hope my sr-71a improves around 300 hours like everyone has said it would
smily_headphones1.gif
edit: also does it matter if I do it mini-mini or lod out to it?

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 21
It doesn't matter. All you want is the signal going through the amp.

Now get to that dancing. Yeah baby, yeah.

Nov 10, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 21
Just hook it up to a source and plug in a headphone. The quality of the devices does not matter.
Then let it play hour after hour on normal listening volume...

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember to swap the batteries as they die! Alkalines last about 72 hours of continous play.

I have gone through four sets of 9V on my SR-71a (2 sets of Duracell coppertop and 2 sets of no name brand). They all died around 30 hours. What's wrong? I know Ray's website said normal alkaline should last 72 hours or so. Does the volume make a difference? or the gain setting? I finally received my Tysonic and Li-polymer rechargeables, so I am using the 500Mah Li-Polymer now for burn in.

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have gone through four sets of 9V on my SR-71a (2 sets of Duracell coppertop and 2 sets of no name brand). They all died around 30 hours. What's wrong? I know Ray's website said normal alkaline should last 72 hours or so. Does the volume make a difference? or the gain setting? I finally received my Tysonic and Li-polymer rechargeables, so I am using the 500Mah Li-Polymer now for burn in.

I got around 72 to 75 hours on alkalines but now use the NiMH or LiPoly. I don't know why you would get so little a time. Do you have hard to drive headphones?

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember though, you must dance to the music during the burn-in. It is part of the ritual. There are some real dancing fools around here. Not that all of them should be in public view but dance you must and dance we will. Now get to it! Put those hands up high and put'em low, now raise them up and shake all about. Check back in a week and let us know how you are doing . . . :^)

Spoken like a Deadhead in training indeed!

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 21
luckyleo how are you enjoying your ue-11's do you find them a little warm? I am asking because I am torn between the 10's and 11's and will be getting one of them in a couple of months

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got around 72 to 75 hours on alkalines but now use the NiMH or LiPoly. I don't know why you would get so little a time. Do you have hard to drive headphones?

I used Ultrasone ALO 780 connect to the 71a and Ipod. I do turn the volume up a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back