SR-71 vs. XP-7
Jun 23, 2008 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WaxMan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I just purchased a used XP-7, I currently own the SR-71. I am eager to hear if anyone has experienced these two amps. I am very excited about the XP-7, and cannot wait to hear it. It would be nice to read about what people think about the two soundwise. I own a pair of Westone UM2's, and a pair of HD600's. Thanks for the info!

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a great headamp. I am listening thru my RS-1 and K701 with XP-7 with dedicated power suplly and OP797.

I can see you have both amp.
I would like to buy one of this (RS-1 or XP-7) and don't know which is better (sound quality).
I don’t need a really portable amp, but sometimes I would like to take it with me (going on holidays).
The size of both meet my needs.
Which one to choose? Can you tell me about differences between this 2 amp (sound quality)?

BTW I'm not going to buy other stationary headphone amp. I would like to buy just one amp for listening with my Westone UM2 and my iPod during holidays and with my CD and my AKG 701 when I am home.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see you have both amp.
I would like to buy one of this (RS-1 or XP-7) and don't know which is better (sound quality).
I don’t need a really portable amp, but sometimes I would like to take it with me (going on holidays).
The size of both meet my needs.
Which one to choose? Can you tell me about differences between this 2 amp (sound quality)?

BTW I'm not going to buy other stationary headphone amp. I would like to buy just one amp for listening with my Westone UM2 and my iPod during holidays and with my CD and my AKG 701 when I am home.

mirh, the RS-1 is a headphone made by Grado Labs. The XP-7 is a headphone amp made by Ray Samuel. The XP-7 is a transportable, meaning it is a little larger than most portable amps.

There is a PSU you can buy to power the XP-7 from the mains. Good luck.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mirh, the RS-1 is a headphone made by Grado Labs...

I thought about SR-71... sorry don’t know why I wrote RS-1.
To be more precise I thought about the newest SR-71A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back