SR-60s?
Jan 20, 2005 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shaan

New Head-Fier
How portable are sr-60's? i want something that i can take around with me everywhere with my ipod and i always hear about how great they are. i may be better off with canalphones but i dont know if i want that much isolation while i'm walking around
confused.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 8
I have the grado sr-80s and its very cheaply constructed. Fragile would be a good way to describe it. Wont last long in a back pack without a shell to protect it..

I plan on using my grado sr-80s for portable use, but I need to find a good camera case that can house full sized cans.

Jan 21, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I have the grado sr-80s and its very cheaply constructed. Fragile would be a good way to describe it. Wont last long in a back pack without a shell to protect it..

I plan on using my grado sr-80s for portable use, but I need to find a good camera case that can house full sized cans.

I carried my 60's with me everywhere in a commuter bag without any problems. I agree they look like they are cheaply constructed but it is actually a very durable efficient design.

Jan 21, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 8
The Grado Labs Prestige Series headphones are known for high build quality and moderate/high durability. The SR60s will work well with the iPod unamped, many would say they are the best unamped portable player headphones in the world. They are too big for me to cary around and leak a lot of sound. If you don't mind carying around a full sized uncolapsable can then for that category they are relatively light. Also take note that others in the room or area you are in will be able to hear what you are listening to unless the ambiant noise in the location is higher than the average public place in American Suberbia.

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

HeadRoom sells bags that should accomidate it and the rest of your portable gear with ease.

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 8
I've had good AND bad experiences with their durability. My first pair broke when they were sitting on a book, fell off a table, and the book fell on top of them. The plastic piece that mounts the housings broke. I sent it back to Grado, fixed for free with new pads(flats I think, if those are the kind that are flat with no opening).

The fixed pair has been through airports and slung around in bags without a problem. They're great for normal wear and tear, but not big shocks like what happened with me.

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

the grados are actually VERY VERY solid. i've carried my SR-60's all over the place, in my backpack and in airline luggage, and they have never had ANY damage. they have gotten kicked around and dropped plenty of times. just toss them in your backpack and go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back