SR-60 vs. DT440
Dec 18, 2008 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

VikesOmaha

New Head-Fier
So, I have been searching this forum for the past couple of days, and initially I was sold on getting the SR60's because I had read great reviews everywhere, but then I was searching around and I saw the Beyerdynamic 440's for like 50 bucks and I was interested in how they matched up.

I looked at this: =507&graphID[]=141]http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCom...phID[]=141

Which is a comparison between the 440's and the SR-125's(I figured it would be atleast somewhat similar.)

Anywho, just looking for some advice. I have no experience in this area, other than what I have read so far. So please shoot me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Nick

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 9
Dt440 is qulified for classic, some kind of pop, new age.

meanwhile, sr60 is more suitable for rock, medal, jazz and some "heavy" pop.

you'd better try them and compare by yourself.

I prefer DT440, I love new age!

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 9
I think for the going price right now, the DT440 is a fantastic bargain. I would use a 120 ohm adapter with it, or it'll be a tad too bright. With the adapter, it's wonderful. Tight, punchy, good extension, smooth. No obvious (sharp) peaks and dips in the FR. It's a bit soft in the lowest regions of bass, but not horribly bad.

vs. SR60, gonna be a matter of tastes. I'm no Grado fan. Beyer all the way.

will stress that, IMO, you need a 120 ohm adapter or a 120 ohm jack on your amp.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 9
I made it myself. I'm heavily into DIY, so that type of stuff is no issue. 2 jacks, 1 male, 1 female, 2 120 ohm resistors matched to within 0.1%. solder them directly to one of the jacks and the wire to that, button up and it's done.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 9
BTW, it takes about a day to burn in. Run it for a few hours before listening to it. It'll be extremely bright before that. It'll settle down in about a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back