SR-60 vs. AKG 313's
Mar 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rhfactor1

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased a set of AKG 313's recently for my wife mainly because she wanted some earbuds to to wear in the evening while listening to music on her portable CD player. She wanted earbuds so if she turned sideways it would not tear up regular portable headphones. I purchased a pair of AKG 313's because J & R Music World had a killer price on them and I have had a limited experience with AKG portables in the past. She had been listening to SR-60's through a Magnavox portable CD player in the past, which she really enjoys. Did I make a good purchase? Does anyone have any comparason info.? Thanks for any help. Happy Listening.
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 4
It's usually unfair to compare buds with full size headphones. There are buds that compete against the SR60s maybe, but I bet they're in the $500 range. Since you already purchased them maybe you can do a side by side compare and let us know what you think.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I doubt they are comparable by any means, but I guess you'll have to see for yourself. If something were to compete with the SR-60 it would be the Yuin PK1, and it absolutely needs an amp.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm interested to read some impressions on these. However, at least according to reviews of Amazon shoppers in the UK, US, and Japan, it appears that the K313 and K315 put out a rather bassy sound, so it may be quite different from the Grados. (I haven't tried them myself though so I can't say for sure.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back