sr-60 UK???
Mar 28, 2005 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SadGamble

New Head-Fier
As I have mentioned in somebody elses post im trying to buyt a pair of grado sr60 headphones in the UK. Its near impossible. I can't find one decent seller in the UK that has them. I found them on ebay only to find that if u buy over ebay the warranty isnt valid on them. Has anybody from the UK bought some of these headphones if so where? Please give me some pointers here. Thanks in advance

Mar 28, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 11
I second that. The sr60's at least in Finland are €120.00. For cheaper you can get the ms-1s that sound sooooo much better, but then again I fail to understand the sr60 love around here. The ms-1 for us in Europe is the better buy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadGamble
As I have mentioned in somebody elses post im trying to buyt a pair of grado sr60 headphones in the UK. Its near impossible. I can't find one decent seller in the UK that has them. I found them on ebay only to find that if u buy over ebay the warranty isnt valid on them. Has anybody from the UK bought some of these headphones if so where? Please give me some pointers here. Thanks in advance

Why don't you buy used?????

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 11
Im not sure about the Alassandro ones because they are from the US so it means i might get taxed etc. on them and the fact that if they go wrong shipping them back etc.

As far as used go. I wouldn't mind a pair if they were in GOOD condition. But i dont really feel safe buying second hand headphones. It would have to be a tempting price for me to consider. Also the only second hand sellers i reckon im going to find are going to be US people so again shipping costs and maybe tax costs will be involved..

Anybody else got any ideas???

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 11
Shipping from the states is actually surprisingly low.

If you get the seller/shipper to write something personal on the package, it will most likely go through customs "unharmed".

Mar 28, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #9 of 11
To be honest, I spent 5 seconds on google and found them on the first page. I didn't see your original problem of not being able to find any.

Superfi, Hifibitz, Hificables, Digital Direct are recommended.

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 11
hmm interesting... i used froogle for my search. maybe that was a bad idea. Anyway i would rather buy from a website that is recomended on the forum because some of them look VERY scam like. Thanks again for the links ill be looking in to those 3 u said.

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #11 of 11
I would have to recommend the MS1s for all but US residents (where the grados are reasonably priced).

The MS1s with there $99shipped pricetag are very good value for a tweaked SR125/SR80? (OT - Has this argument been resolved?)

Also, even if you do get taxed, it will still come to less than most of the UK retailers charge for the SR60 - an inferior can!

Just my opinion.

Hope it helped,

RoosterDude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back