SR-60 or HD595?
Nov 9, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He said they were damaged.

I'm talking about "operational" damage..

Sure they can be scratched, but enough to warrant a $150 decrease in price? I highly doubt that.. This all seems so fishy to me..

How normal is it for $200 HP's to sell for $50? We're talking 75% off, not 10, 15 or 20%. If so, I think my next pair with be the 595's.. for $50 these have GOT to be the best HP by far for the price.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #17 of 20
My vote would be for the 595...

Quite comfortable, a serious concern to not be squirming in pain after 20 minutes with Grado. Also I find the sound a bit more versatile (not as peaky; less harsh with badly engineered music). Definitely a bit more forward than the 580~650 series, which can be a plus. Also can sound quite good with no additional amplification.

However...

If the seller is asking an equivalent "sr-60" price for the "damaged" 595, I'd be very weary. Any physical damage (beyond cosmetic) is going to be a problem sooner or later.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 20
I'd go for the HD595's. If there are any "fun" Senns, these are the ones. Mainly because of reverberations and good soundstage depth. The lower end Grados are not so "groovy" because of smaller housing than SR325i and higher models. I would never swap the HD595's for the SR225 so I don't expect the SR60's to be more alluring.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 20
If looking for more energic sound, definetly Grado. HD595 is SO unairy and muffled sounding that its complete opposite of fun. It actually sounds more closed can than open can. If looking for relaxed sound, wide soundstage and such, then definetly get Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back