SR 225's Woohoo!!!
Nov 16, 2004 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gimmieshelter31

Head-Fier
Picked up a pair of brand new SR 225's today for $187.95 on the road.
Having lurked for sometime trying to aquire knowledge , I have grown increasingly curious of the Grado sound some so religiously espouse. Out of the box they are a little shrill to my ears but its probably my less than ideal source(next upgrade) more than the cans . Initially I agree the sound is more "on the stage " than my HD 580's . I see the merits of both sounds and enjoy them both for different reasons . Nothing informative here . Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone . G'Day.

Nov 16, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Congrats and enjoy! Of all the Grados, (affordable, anyway) the 225s are my favorites. Not as shrill as the 325s and not as bassy as the PS-1s.
Great headphones.

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmieshelter31
Picked up a pair of brand new SR 225's today for $187.95 on the road.
Having lurked for sometime trying to aquire knowledge , I have grown increasingly curious of the Grado sound some so religiously espouse. Out of the box they are a little shrill to my ears but its probably my less than ideal source(next upgrade) more than the cans . Initially I agree the sound is more "on the stage " than my HD 580's . I see the merits of both sounds and enjoy them both for different reasons . Nothing informative here . Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone . G'Day.

Where did you find a good bargain?

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies . I picked these up in Kensington ,MD near D.C. at a place called Soundworks. The people there are great . They set me up with a Musical Fidelity xrayv3 and MF VCans amp( model escapes me). Brought some Beatles Alice in chains and a Joni Mitchell cd.

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Alternative pads may tame that little shrill, but you're probably right about the source. I prefer the flat pads, but the bowls aren't horribly bad to me either. Glad you like em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back