Squeezebox dac?
Oct 18, 2006 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

happyangryhappy

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. I am looking to upgrade my squeezebox's sound in my livingroom speaker setup and am either thinking of the Bolder cable analog mod or using it as strictly a transport and adding a separate dac. So my questions to all you squeezebox owners, are any of you familiar with the bolder analog mod and/or what is a dac in the $500 and lower category which has a great synergy with the squeezebox? Right now I am just using the analog outs of a stock SB3 with a Bolder modded elpac power supply. Any ideas? Thanks.

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 3
I also own the Squeezebox 3 paired with an expensive PCM1704 battery-powered DAC. But to be honest, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably upgrade the SB3's analog outputs before buying an external DAC (no crappy SP/DIF interface and cables or impedance mismatches to deal with) unless of course you need an external DAC for other sources as well. Why buy an external box with very little functionality? If I were in the market for an external DAC I'd be looking at the Behringer DEQ2496 - nice DAC and free room correction for about $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back