squeezebox 3 noob questions
May 20, 2007 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

needanamp

100+ Head-Fier
is the menu just like and mp3 player:

artist
album
#compilations#

the reason i ask is that i fear it would get very messy. for example, albums by one person, but with many songs featuring different artists, therefore when searching via artist (which i ALWAYS do, the rest are seldom used) there will be loads of the same artist e.g:

frank sinatra ft dfgdfg
frank sinatra ft dsfg
frank sinatra ft sdijdfnkdjvn
etc......

like 20 times. this is what i mean by messy. Does it come with a sofware program like Itunes? or can i carry on using itunes??

May 20, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 10
It's got an interface quite similar to the ipod, so your songs are arranged according to artist>album>track should you want to access them that way.

It comes with slimserver which is a html based player for the squeezebox.

May 20, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 10
is slimserver a music library ass well~? As in can you organise your music by columns like iTunes. So, if i was actually at my computer, listening straight from the headphone out (heaven forbid!), would i load up slimserver and it would play the same role as itunes, or windows media player, for example?

SOrry about the silly questions.

May 20, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 10
oh, and as i side note, why would you want to mod the digital outputs of the squeezebox? surely if its digital it wont pickup interference or anything, because its just 1 and 0's going through, so its either a 1 or an 0. It would still go to a DAC, so i see no point in modding the digital out of a squeezebox 3. Someone please explain.

May 21, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 10
May 21, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by needanamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes i tried but it wouldnt work on my computer. i know it may be confusing, but please try! lol thanks guys

Which one didn't work? Both slimserver AND softsqueeze must be running for it to work.

The slimdevices forum is a great resource - I'm sure someone there could give you a complete waltkthrough.

you Will need at least slimserver running to use a squeezebox, do you have it running on your network/pc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back