Squeezebox 3; files sometimes duplicated in slimserver library. [solved with version update]
Nov 26, 2007 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mofonyx

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got my SB3 working fine and sometimes it annoys me that I have some albums show as a duplicate, or songs duplicated within an album.

For example, I browse under albums and I find two albums with the title AAAA

If I browse under artist for BBBB, I go into album CCCC and find my songs to be listed as 1. DDDD, 1. DDDD, 2. EEEE, 2. EEEE

There's a duplicate, sometimes in album, sometimes in artist, sometimes in song titles.

Why is this going on and how do I fix it? It's not only happening to one album/artist/title, it's randomly occuring.

I've tried clear playlist and rescan everything, but that doesn't work.
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you use iTunes also? If so, squeezecenter will pick up the files in your iTunes folder and list them as duplicates unless you change the settings. If not, maybe look at the individual song properties in squeezecenter to find where the files are located on your computer and see if there are actual duplicates....

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 7
I had the same issue, it was caused by playlists. Try deleting all of your playlists (back them up somewhere first) and then rescan the whole directory.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 7
The issue still isn't resolve.

I realise that this only happens in my other drive.

I have 2 drives storing all my FLAC files, H:\ and J:\

I have a shortcut of J:\ in H:\ so that my Squeezebox can cover both drives when scanning, and most (or all, I haven't noticed) files in J (the short-cutted drive) is duplicated in the Squeezebox 3 playlists.

I removed all *.m3u and *.cue files already.
frown.gif

Is there anyway around this besides repartitioning my HDD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back