Squeaky Hinges - Audio Technica M50's
Jan 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

yanathin

New Head-Fier
First off, I have to say that I am EXTREMELY happy with my M50 purchase (I bought the modded removable cable version from SoundProfessionals in white). I'm coming from a Bose AE2 set and can't believe how much cleaner everything sounds and how much deeper the bass is. HOWEVER... there is one thing that is slightly annoying, and I'd love to know if this will fix itself over time. The hinges above the ear cups seem to be fairly squeaky. The build quality seems nice overall, but the squeaky plastic sound that comes from even slightly moving the cups on the hinges makes it sound really cheap. I also notice it if I have these headphones on and I'm eating something - my jaw makes the cups move slightly and makes the hinges squeak (which I hear while they're on). Is this just because they're brand new and need time to wear in, or does everybody else's M50's have squeaky hinges as well? Thanks in advance!

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I bought these a week ago and after couple of days started noticing the same problem. I would like more info on this. Also the headphones seem a bit tight and uncomfortable, maybe they will loosen up a bit in time. They sound awesome tho!

The owners of these headphones please reply, I got the white version with coiled cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back