Squeaking sound on K81DJ
Jun 3, 2006 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tawcan

New Head-Fier
So recently got myself a new pair of K81DJ. After a few days of use I found that while wearing the headphones the right can produces somewhat of an annoying squeaking sound sometimes when I rotate the it (or just adjusting the right can). Has anyone experienced this with their K81? If so any idea how to fix this? Thanx.

Jun 4, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 7
I find that the best thing to fix squeaky plastic parts is a dry bicycle chain lube called White Lightning. It uses an alcohol carrier that evaporates after application, leaving the dry lubricant behind. Works GREAT. You definitely do NOT want to use any kind of oil-based product like WD-40, since most of them are powerful solvents that can dissolve certain plastics.

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 7
had the same problem. After a month of use, it was ok...

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I find that the best thing to fix squeaky plastic parts is a dry bicycle chain lube called White Lightning. It uses an alcohol carrier that evaporates after application, leaving the dry lubricant behind. Works GREAT. You definitely do NOT want to use any kind of oil-based product like WD-40, since most of them are powerful solvents that can dissolve certain plastics.

I can vouch for this, and this stuff really does work wonders, I recommend it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back