SquareTrade on Ebay
Apr 29, 2007 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

atart

100+ Head-Fier
Bought a used dell laptop on Ebay for the 'rents and bought the accompanying extended warranty offered by Square Trade.

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about these extended warranties by SquareTrade?

thanks.

Jun 7, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by atart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought a used dell laptop on Ebay for the 'rents and bought the accompanying extended warranty offered by Square Trade.

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about these extended warranties by SquareTrade?

thanks.

I just got an ipod off ebay and they're sending me warranty offers. Most of my web searches seems to suggest that they are an awful company and seldom make good on the VERY generous claims. I am not going to buy one because the majority of what I read suggests they're just scam artists. And I came across one of their advertistments to merchants which basically read "Make 45-50% profit off our warranty sales WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING! Sell our warranty with your product and make easy money for nothing..." And I assure you, that's barely paraphrasing the hyperbole sales pitch by Squaretrade. That really convinced me not to buy one of their warranties.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 5
like chad said I have heard terrible things about them. I would read the policy before i made any decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back