SQ: zen stone, yp-t9/k3, sansa express
Jun 26, 2007 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robinclp

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking for a budget player with the best sound quality from the above 4 players.

Please don't give me suggestions for other players cos these are what's available in my area.

Or should I wait for the zen stone plus instead?

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 7
The sound quality of the Zen V was unremarkable so I'm assuming that the same holds true for the Zen V Plus. I've never heard the Zen Stone, but I can't imagine it sounding better than its big brother.

The yp-t9 has excellent sound quality and the sansa express is only a hair behind imo. I haven't heard the k3, but it probably sounds similar to the t9.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 7
I say the T9, since you're in a hurry to decide, it has a lot of features, it would be easier to operate than the great-looking K3, and because the sound should be very good. (You might want to pay a little extra for a replacement plan/warranty with just about any player at any price range ... I didn't with the inexpensive Stone, which sounds good by the way, but why not go right to the T9 in your situation?).

Sources (in order of purchase):
2nd Generation 10GB iPod for Windows (retired)
Creative Muvo 256MB
Creative Muvo 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Carbon 5GB
Cowon iAudio 5 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Karma 20GB (low-mileage collector’s item)
Creative Zen Nano 1GB
Samsung YP-U2 512MB
4th Generation 40GB iPod (monochrome; used as home jukebox)
2nd Generation iPod Nano 4GB
Creative Zen Stone 1GB
iRiver T60 2GB

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 7
you know what i'm gonna get a zen stone or maybe wait for the zen stone plus

i figured it won't be a good idea to get something in between. either get the best or the cheapest (yet good) player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back