SQ wize the Lplayer vs. D2 vs. U2
Mar 17, 2009 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

selkin

100+ Head-Fier
My U2 got K.O. a couple of weeks ago, and I'm planning to buy an iRiver or an other iAudio.
I had iRiver IMP550 before, really liked its SQ, and than got U2 later, which was sort of ok, but a never really got fond of it.

Do you think the D2 has better SQ than the U2 ?

Are the new iRivers really rubbish SQ wize?
Lplayer looks so good....

(hidden apple question: which of the smaller apples do you think has the best SQ?-must be rockboxable)

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 6
and do you think Clix2's SQ beats D2 ? because if yes I guess I but it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 6
Not at all. I don't know if the D2 is better or not. But the Lplayer has nothing special to offer as far as sound quality goes, compared to earlier iRiver products like the S10 or the Clix2. Sure, it's better than an iPod, but isn't almost anything?

That said, I really wouldn't buy an essentially obsolete product like the S10. Maybe a Clix2, if you're really keen on it. It's still reasonably nice, although the 8GB capacity might not be to your liking, nor the short battery life compared to the D2.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Now, now, the touch SQ is actaully quite well rounded and the 5.5G wasn't half bad. 5.5G was rockboxable but not the touch.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #6 of 6
and is the classic rockboxable ?
my dad and my sis have one each... I didn't hate its SQ...

Doggonit: but not all the ipods has the same bad SQ as I heard. ernieBob seems to say the same as well..

I'm sorta interested in ipods beacuse the rockbox, but there's just too many versions out there, and it's still not clear if we can rockbox an ipod classic, even if it's not listed on the realase list...

anyway, if you guys say the Lplayer is better than an iPod classic (SQ wize) I'll consider to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back